Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      The gun fired bullets

As it was designed

Killing children is the shooters fault

Not the inanimate object

But you're a modern euro UK queer

You guys have weird ways of thinking

Carry on

If built a car that was designed to go 400 mph but they breaks were not that good.

As a result a bunch of fatalities happened.

Should I be held responsible.

After all I built a car and it was designed to drive and that is what it did. It was the drivers fault no the inanimate objects.

Is it right for the law to state nobody can even attempt to sue me?

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
        If built a car that was designed to go 400 mph but they breaks were not that good.

As a result a bunch of fatalities happened.

Should I be held responsible.

After all I built a car and it was designed to drive and that is what it did. It was the drivers fault no the inanimate objects.

Is it right for the law to state nobody can even attempt to sue me?
        Don't mean to pry.....

If the gun blows up in a persons hand, sue them
        If it fires bullets, well.....

The thing with the McD's hot coffee law suit is the old lady had significant damage. Not just a burnt tongue. IIRC, it fell in her lap and she suffered 2nd degree burns. It was beyond scalding.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
          Don't mean to pry.....

If the gun blows up in a persons hand, sue them
          If it fires bullets, well.....

The thing with the McD's hot coffee law suit is the old lady had significant damage. Not just a burnt tongue. IIRC, it fell in her lap and she suffered 2nd degree burns. It was beyond scalding.

Pretty sure those kids had a lot worse than 2nd degree burns.

And you make coffee by boiling water.

Comment

Pretty sure those kids had a lot worse than 2nd degree burns.

And you make coffee by boiling water.
            The gun did as it was intended to do. Victims of gun violence have no winnable suit. They can sue. Courts are littered with frivolous suits.

''Liebeck, 79 years old at the time of the incident, was injured when her grandson stopped so that she could add cream and sugar to the coffee. She placed the cup of coffee between her legs and attempted to remove the lid. Unfortunately, she spilled the entire liquid contents onto her lap. The sweatpants that Liebeck was wearing absorbed the hot liquid and held it next to the skin of her thighs. She suffered full thickness burns to her thighs, buttocks, groin and genital area amounting to what the surgeons described as six percent of her total body surface area.''

How hot does coffee have to be ? Imagine that level of hotness going into your mouth.

Comment

The gun did as it was intended to do. Victims of gun violence have no winnable suit. They can sue. Courts are littered with frivolous suits.

''Liebeck, 79 years old at the time of the incident, was injured when her grandson stopped so that she could add cream and sugar to the coffee. She placed the cup of coffee between her legs and attempted to remove the lid. Unfortunately, she spilled the entire liquid contents onto her lap. The sweatpants that Liebeck was wearing absorbed the hot liquid and held it next to the skin of her thighs. She suffered full thickness burns to her thighs, buttocks, groin and genital area amounting to what the surgeons described as six percent of her total body surface area.''

How hot does coffee have to be ? Imagine that level of hotness going into your mouth.

Murder children?

So if I make a car designed maim, is fine if I sell it like that?

You boil water to make coffee. It 100c degrees and begins cooling after than.

Every kettle is the same 100c

The coffee did what it was supposed to do.

Comment

Murder children?

So if I make a car designed maim, is fine if I sell it like that?

You boil water to make coffee. It 100c degrees and begins cooling after than.

Every kettle is the same 100c

The coffee did what it was supposed to do.
                Put a gun down and see what it does

If cars are intended to maim, then you can go ahead and make them maiming cars.

Nothing should be served, for consumption, that's so hot it can inflict extreme bodily harm.

Comment

The missing ingredient to almost every preventable tragedy is the human element.

Comment

My favourite US gun stat: you are more likely to die of gun shot related injuries if you own a gun that if you don't. I am UK based but pro gun usage: shotguns, target shooting etc. But a military assault rifle is a weapon of war and the puvlic should not have ready access to them.

Comment

Put a gun down and see what it does

If cars are intended to maim, then you can go ahead and make them maiming cars.

Nothing should be served, for consumption, that's so hot it can inflict extreme bodily harm.

Put the Coffee down and you won't get burned.

Leave the car in the garage and you won't maim anyone.

Comment

Working...
                      X