No announcement yet.

The future of car ownership. No loans/leases. Subscription based car ownership

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Exactly,, is it going to be the current dozen or so traditional automakers, or is it going to be upstarts like nio, Tesla, waymo, etc

But that’s the wrong question to ask.

How many’s going to be sold in the future as compared to when every family had 1-3 cars? That’s the real question when it comes to investing.
    Well I think family’s will still need 1-3 cars. How are they procured is the issue. Either the public buys the cars from the manufacturers or these new rental services buy them from the manufacture.

Personally i don’t think these services will take over completely. Some folks would like to purchase one. One reason is sound financial principles the other is people like me like to flip cars. Last I purchased a car I didn’t drive it home. I drove it to my stereo shop.

Comment

sure cheaper than renting a car it looks. Rent a car put all kinds of miles on it and drop it back off.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        It depends. Cars depreciate in value. The monthly payments on these cars are similar to car payments.
        Cars payments are then bane of the American people. Its why Americans are mostly broke, that and credit cards. Car payments is an extremely expensive way to operate a car.

Even the scam of zero percent interest is bad. Zero interest is only offered on new cars. As soon as you drive it off the lot you lose 10s of thousands depending on the car. There goes yiur”zero” interest. Even worse the interest is built into the price of the car on these so called zero interest loans. They just tack it own to the price of the car and not tell you. Let’s not think car company’s and banks are about to lose money.

Me and you are not smarter than these companies. They have army’s of PhD’s figuring out ways to scam us and us not be the wiser. This is but a new iteration of the same scam.

Comment

this is how it should be!!!

Comment

Sounds like it would certainly interest several people. Especially travel workers that will only be in an area for 60-90 days.

Comment

Working...
            X