No announcement yet.

Burberry blasted for showing off hoodie with noose around the neck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joel Osteen View Post
    He is lying to you. Eff pandas is not unbiased. He is another that whines about imagined racism. Just a heads up that travestyny is trying to swindle you.
    Eff Pandas' reputation speaks for itself.

In fact, his rep is so impeccable that you just made yourself look like an obsessed clown for even writing that

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
      Eff Pandas' reputation speaks for itself.

In fact, his rep is so impeccable that you just made yourself look like an obsessed clown for even writing that
      You are a swindler. I see you.
      Last edited by Joel Osteen; 02-20-2019, 08:09 PM.

Comment

That was never what I said. But it was you that did say that it's different depending on if the banana was thrown, right? One is an action, you were saying, and the other is symbolism. You said look at what's written. It has a gorilla's name. It's not racist. It's just for monkeys.

So please tell me, are you now smart enough to figure out the intent with the bananas on a noose, or does this need to be pieced together for you? Was it done with racial intent?

Now if you would kindly tell me, was the bananas in the noose a racist thing? I do recall you saying flat out that it isn't.

I've never once said that the designer meant the noose to be racist, just as I never said that the Gucci designer meant for it to be racist. What I said is that both evoke racist imagery, which they do, and that is obvious by the reactions that both got. Do I believe that in the fashion industry, all of the people involved were ignorant to these things? Absolutely not. Like I said, there were some who were too afraid to speak up, or they were ignored. In the last case, I'm almost certain it was both.

Yes, like I said from the beginning banana's in nooses are not racist by themselves. I have limited knowledge on the real life incident, but a banana in a noose by themselves is not racist.

Glad you come to your senses and see that the fashion design is not racist.

If you see things what not there, that is on you, not them.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
          Yes, like I said from the beginning banana's in nooses are not racist by themselves. I have limited knowledge on the real life incident, but a banana in a noose by themselves is not racist.
          So what you are trying to say is that you are so ignorant that if you saw a banana hanging from a noose, you would be completely oblivious to what that meant?

Just admit this one last thing for me, so I can laugh at your stupidity.

Glad you come to your senses and see that the fashion design is not racist.
          Again, I didn't say it was racist. I said the company was jumping on the racial bandwagon, tip toeing that line just enough so clowns like you can say, Oh, it's not racist. This didn't fool anyone with a brain, so you don't qualify. Don't worry about it.

If you see things what not there, that is on you, not them.
          Actually I think it's on them, which is why they apologized, took it down, and said it will never happen again

Comment

So what you are trying to say is that you are so ignorant that if you saw a banana hanging from a noose, you would be completely oblivious to what that meant?

Just admit this one last thing for me, so I can laugh at your stupidity.

Again, I didn't say it was racist. I said the company was jumping on the racial bandwagon, tip toeing that line just enough so clowns like you can say, Oh, it's not racist. This didn't fool anyone with a brain, so you don't qualify. Don't worry about it.

Actually I think it's on them, which is why they apologized, took it down, and said it will never happen again

You do realise, it is you projecting your thoughts onto that banana in a noose.

I would just see it for what it is.

The company is on a racial bandwagon?
            You do realise you are projecting again?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              That seems to be the thing now. Since "racism" turns heads, you simply need to make an obscure reference that can be easily apologized for and 'boom', your name is back in the headlines but no one can really hate you because you weren't being overtly racist.
              And blacks will still beg to buy their clothing.......

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
                And blacks will still beg to buy their clothing.......
                Are you racist? Or purely stupid?
                Race has nothing to do with whether someone buys Burberry. Culture maybe. Are you aware of what the differences between those two are?

Very few black folks I know have any interest in Burberry. In fact, the only two people I know who actually buy them are a white dude and a Mexican dude. I have a couple of their shirts but it's stuff I bought years ago.

Comment

You do realise, it is you projecting your thoughts onto that banana in a noose.
                  What I'm realizing is that it doesn't take much to put this together, but you are resisting for some reason. Are you still pretending that you don't know a banana in a noose would be offensive?

You kept talking about intent. So tell me. What do you think was the intent of having a banana in a noose? You don't seem to want to give straight answers. You said to read what was on the banana. So you're saying that you believe they were leaving the banana for a dead gorilla, right? Right?

I would just see it for what it is.
                  And what is that? Tell me, what reason do you think someone would put a banana in a noose. I'm all ears on that one, Mr. intent and context. Let us know how much common sense you have to pretend that has nothing to do with race.

The company is on a racial bandwagon?
                  You do realise you are projecting again?
                  Am I? I don't even think you understand what projecting means.

You just want to keep pretending, but you refuse to give straight answers for some reason. Because your straight answers reveal so much stupidity that even you can't justify it.

You actually told me the banana wasn't racist because it had a gorilla's name on it...as if they hung it up there for the dead gorilla to go find. Do you realize how dumb that is?

Also said that had nothing to do with symbolism. So the offense is just hitting someone with a banana, right? Again, dumb as bricks.

But those who get it, get it.

Riiight. Just a coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    Are you racist? Or purely stupid?
                    Race has nothing to do with whether someone buys Burberry. Culture maybe. Are you aware of what the differences between those two are?

Very few black folks I know have any interest in Burberry. In fact, the only two people I know who actually buy them are a white dude and a Mexican dude. I have a couple of their shirts but it's stuff I bought years ago.
                    I am a ADOS (google it ) and I work and live in the NYC tri state. I seen brothers send their last check on Burberry , parda shoes, monclair jackets , Gucci sunglasses while the store workers follow them like a damn dig because they think we steal. We have over 1 trillion buying power in the United States but we run and give our money away to the white man. we created no lastng fashion supported brand in the last 10 years since FuBu .

There's a video of Deontay in a Gucci store dropping 100k to prove to them he could had afford it. Like wtf they don't want wearing their clothes.

FYI Burberry was big in the urban community in the late 90s. Mad NY rappers had Burberry. Now if you live down south i can understand how you feel but these ninjas in the North EAST are very into Fashion. Even more so than the females.

Black is not a race it's a color. That's something the white man force down your throat. So i never brought up race. However i did bring up a group.

Maybe not an culture issue but it's definitely an mindset. But the issue at hand ADOS needs stopped supporting. these fashion brands.

Stop spending your money where you are not valued.

What about H& M.
                    Last edited by Removed Now; 02-21-2019, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• Next will be Louie or YSL. It's a game.

Comment

Working...
                      X