Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Florida boy, 11, arrested after refusing to recite ‘racist’ Pledge of Allegiance:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damm i remember having to do this every morning before class starts in elementary school lol... miss them days!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
      Where did the boy say the pledge of allegiance was racist?

He said the American flag symbolized racism. That's nothing to do with the pledge of allegiance being racist
      The pledge of allegiance is to the flag. It goes hand and hand. The song is dedicated to the flag and the USA. If that's the case the boy could had just faced the wall instead of the flag and did the pledge of allegiance.

I am not here to defend his stand point or make sense of any of this. You can do further research and post it here.

Comment

Originally posted by JJRod View Post
        Back when I worked in the actual classroom I remember this was a big problem with some students not because of racism but religion.

I got in trouble for asking all students to at least show respect by standing.
        I could never be a teacher.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
          Let's not act like this is still 1850. We have blacks in Congress, blacks in the Supreme Court, we just had a black president and a black attorney general. Jim Crow is not in effect.
          How quaint. Let's not exclude the other side.
          • Blacks, on average, are lower paid for the same work.
          • Blacks, in states without rent control laws, are statistically charged more for the same living spaces.
          • The whole reason for the Equal Opportunity Act is/was the refusal of whites to hire equally skilled blacks.
          • Blacks, statistically, are more likely to get shot by a cop.

I could go on and on, but you get the point. It's not about Jim Crow, it's certain people that don't feel we have liberty and JUSTICE FOR ALL. Not when you got cops shooting unarmed black men that talk back, yet white as snow Dylan Roof shoots up a black church and gets taken to Burger King right after.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
            Four HUNNIT.
            Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
              I could never be a teacher.
              Haven’t been in an actual classroom in a few years, but it’s not as bad as people make it out. Yeah occasionally you’ll run into stuff like this where I was reprimanded for not respecting people’s religious values. (Iirc they were Jehovah’s) but for the most part I enjoyed it. My guess is it’s no different than when people get in trouble at work for similar stupid reasons.

I actually hope one day I can go back to the classroom. Maybe when my kids are older and I can afford the pay cut.

Comment

You mean the anthem? Please don't talk down to me, when you're not even referencing the correct work
                All the same thing bro. I know who this country was built for and who actually built it. Pledges(loyalty oaths), being arrested for non compliance:

Sounds like Nationalism to me. if that was my son Id be proud as hell. Lawyer up immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                  How quaint. Let's not exclude the other side.
                  • Blacks, on average, are lower paid for the same work.
                  • Blacks, in states without rent control laws, are statistically charged more for the same living spaces.
                  • The whole reason for the Equal Opportunity Act is/was the refusal of whites to hire equally skilled blacks.
                  • Blacks, statistically, are more likely to get shot by a cop.

I could go on and on, but you get the point. It's not about Jim Crow, it's certain people that don't feel we have liberty and JUSTICE FOR ALL. Not when you got cops shooting unarmed black men that talk back, yet white as snow Dylan Roof shoots up a black church and gets taken to Burger King right after.
                  My son is 10. Tell me what opportunity my son will have that this child won't have. America is the land of opportunity. Opportunity for everyone. Equal opportunity

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith_tsu View Post
                    All the same thing bro. I know who this country was built for and who actually built it. Pledges(loyalty oaths), being arrested for non compliance:

Sounds like Nationalism to me. if that was my son Id be proud as hell. Lawyer up immediately.
                    He was arrested for making threats and disruption of school, not for failing to pledge

Comment

My son is 10. Tell me what opportunity my son will have that this child won't have. America is the land of opportunity. Opportunity for everyone. Equal opportunity
                      white teachers in school will cater more to your kid than say to tyrone?

Comment

Working...
                      X