How do you feel about Reperations?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you feel about Reperations?

https://www.facebook.com/NBCNews/vid...7819507571392/

After checking out this simple yet powerful interview, can anyone possibly say they do not understand why reperations are loooooooooong overdue?

Do you personally support reperations and if not, what are your reasons?

Not a troll thread, not a bait thread.

This should be a serious convo in the upcoming general elections.

I see no reason why this should not be done by EITHER party. Its the right thing to do.

Well, what do those reperations look like ?

Comment

I'm for reparations

Anyone who was an African slave in the 1860s and before should get reparations.

10 billion dollars, their own island, private jet, the works.

If you weren't a slave 160, 200, 240 years...... quit crying. You dont deserve ****.

Comment

You mean people that had nothing to do with something giving people money for things that didn't happen to them?

Nah

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          I'm for reparations

If you weren't a slave 160, 200, 240 years...... quit crying. You dont deserve ****.
          Should wealth accumulated by the families who "earned it" on the labor of slaves be confiscated?

I mean, if future generations of slaves shouldn't be able to profit from what was promised to their ancestors, I don't really understand why future generations of slave holders should profit from wealth accumulated from slave labor. Right?

Comment

Comment

Well I wasn't a slave so I don't deserve any of the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
                Well, what do those reperations look like ?
                Well theres not much land left to give, but every other option is on the table I guess.

Free college, tax exemptions, free healthcare, bonds from birth, whatever the case... I dont have those specific answers, but it starts with agreeing that a package and a budget for that should exist.

Is there anything you wouldnt agree with in terms of benefits?

Comment

Yes I do black folks should have gotten it long ago but keep getting hoodwinked by politicians ( granted the Republicans tried way back in the day).

The question is what should it be?

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                    I'm for reparations

Except that the government screwing over the black community didnt stop when slavery ended and more importantly... they never actually gave the slave the reperations owed.

So according to your logic, governments should just keep delaying the issue until the victims have passed on, and then they are off the hook.

I said this is not a troll thread.

Comment

Working...
                    X