Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you see a newbie coworker doing something wrong...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you see a newbie coworker doing something wrong...

and you try to help them by saying...."Listen, this is not the way you are supposed to be doing that, let me show you how i have always done it for the last 9 years". Then you proceed to show the newbie how its done, and they reply with "Well, im sorry, i guess we cant all be perfect like you"....what action do you take in response to this comment?.

I've seen many of those types. The boss eventually asks me what I think of the new person and I'll say something to the extent of, "doesn't seem to want to get with the program".

I don't take shyt like that personally so I'm not going to waste my energy arguing with someone. But, I will make sure they don't make my job more difficult.

Comment

I would tell them, " I hear that alot"
      "Don't be the best me. be the best you"

I usually respond to stupid or rude comments with sarcastic humor. Usually cuts the tension or some them how little I care about them. Both work

Comment

"listen"?? i would have turn around and pop you in the mouth! don't ever start a convo with "listen". that's like treating that person you are talking too like a kid.

Comment

I mind my own business, unless their mistakes reflect poorly on me. That's a boss's job.

Comment

Well 1st i would just go to work and mind my own business

Comment

Originally posted by dachillinvillin View Post
              and you try to help them by saying...."Listen, this is not the way you are supposed to be doing that, let me show you how i have always done it for the last 9 years". Then you proceed to show the newbie how its done, and they reply with "Well, im sorry, i guess we cant all be perfect like you"....what action do you take in response to this comment?.
              It was a rude thing to say no doubt but even so...

Try to be as patient as you can be and not taking to heart those type of comments, a mature human being will let dumb stuff like that fly over their heads.

He sounds like an ignorant brat who's never had to do something for himself, but it is a great opportunity to show compassion and understanding that once we were all ignorant fools.

Be patient and kind, someday he will remember how rude he was to you when he himself has to give another employee training if he's still around

Comment

Unless I'm a trainer assigned to said newbooty, it ain't none of my damn business.

Comment

Originally posted by dachillinvillin View Post
                  and they reply with "Well, im sorry, i guess we cant all be perfect like you"....what action do you take in response to this comment?.
                  You say to them:

"Well... that's a given, but if you apply yourself then maybe you can start to lift yourself up from being the lame azz turd that you are."

........ and walk away.

Comment

Egos are a double edge blade. Those who mishandle it eventually fall upon the "weapon they wield". Being able to allow people to think they are "right" is the best service to provide those "who know it all!"

Comment

Working...
                    X