No announcement yet.

To The Surprise Of No One, Cory Booker Announces Bid For Presidency

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
    The problem with this ad and Kamala Harris ad, and many of these other stupid ads, is that they literally tell you nothing about the policy positions of these candidates. That ad was just filled with a bunch of feel good words that mean absolutely nothing.

Atleast when Trump ran or Bernie Sanders released their ads, you had a concrete policy positions that they were fighting for. With Trump it was about building a wall/securing our border, protecting USA from Chinese trade policy, and bringing manufacturing jobs back to the USA. With Bernie it was about Medicare for All, free college.

Meanwhile the Harris and Booker ads offer absolutely nothing.
    Jim, are you sure about this? I think you are remembering things as you wanted them to be, not as they were.

http://time.com/3922770/donald-trump-campaign-launch/

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Jim, are you sure about this? I think you are remembering things as you wanted them to be, not as they were.

http://time.com/3922770/donald-trump-campaign-launch/
      What do you mean Dunn? That link you posted proves my point. In it hes talking about border security/building a wall (policy position) bringing back the troops (policy position), and getting tough on China (policy position)

What would Trump do as President? “I would do various things very quickly,” he says. Crush the Islamic State. Beat China. Build a “great great wall” on the southern border and send the bill to Mexico.

What he said there is a little different than.... we need Unity, strength, love, and whatever other buzzword that doesn't mean anything Harris and Booker wanted to use in their ad.

Comment

What do you guys think, does he stand a chance? Do our black countrymen on this board like him more than Kamala Harris? Discuss.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/01/polit...020/index.html
        He had a good chance but not against Trump. He should have waited or announced when Obama was doing his last term. It's not easy to unseat a sitting president so he basically will fail. Trump will win this one.

Comment

What do you mean Dunn? That link you posted proves my point. In it hes talking about border security/building a wall (policy position) bringing back the troops (policy position), and getting tough on China (policy position)

What would Trump do as President? “I would do various things very quickly,” he says. Crush the Islamic State. Beat China. Build a “great great wall” on the southern border and send the bill to Mexico.

What he said there is a little different than.... we need Unity, strength, love, and whatever other buzzword that doesn't mean anything Harris and Booker wanted to use in their ad.
          Beat china and crush the islamic state are not policy positions. He didn't articulate a policy position as much as he went with poll tested talking points, same as Harris and Booker based on things that we now aren't true. Being a great cheerleader isn't a policy position either.

I agree with you it's a completely different message given the different state the country is in.
          Last edited by The Big Dunn; 02-04-2019, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Beat china and crush the islamic state are not policy positions. He didn't articulate a policy position as much as he went with poll tested talking points, same as Harris and Booker based on things that we now aren't true. Being a great cheerleader isn't a policy position either.

I agree with you it's a completely different message given the different state the country is in.
            All I am saying is Trumps and even Warrens or Sanders ads and campaign messaging has/had more substance to it than Harris and Booker.

Atleast I know what Warren and Sanders are running on, Universal healthcare, free college, higher taxes, higher minimum wage etc...

What are the policy platforms of Booker and Harris, this also extends to people like Biden and O'Rourke? If you can highlight them to me great, but I wish they would be more clear in their messaging, the old tactic of saying a bunch of nothing doesn't fly over too well in politics anymore.

Comment

All I am saying is Trumps and even Warrens or Sanders ads and campaign messaging has/had more substance to it than Harris and Booker.

Atleast I know what Warren and Sanders are running on, Universal healthcare, free college, higher taxes, higher minimum wage etc...

What are the policy platforms of Booker and Harris, this also extends to people like Biden and O'Rourke? If you can highlight them to me great, but I wish they would be more clear in their messaging, the old tactic of saying a bunch of nothing doesn't fly over too well in politics anymore.
              Ok I see your point.

Booker and Harris launched in a get to know me way IMO because they are less well known nationally as Warren.

I think their primary message is changing the tone, which appeals to a lot of people. Remember alot of people simply don't like Trump and how he operates. Since this election is a referendum on Trump, they are introducing themselves as his opposite.

Comment

Ok I see your point.

Booker and Harris launched in a get to know me way IMO because they are less well known nationally as Warren.

I think their primary message is changing the tone, which appeals to a lot of people. Remember alot of people simply don't like Trump and how he operates. Since this election is a referendum on Trump, they are introducing themselves as his opposite.
                It's early now, but if its Harris vs Warren, who would have your vote based on what you know now?

Comment

It's early now, but if its Harris vs Warren, who would have your vote based on what you know now?
                  Neither. I would vote for Biden to get the nomination because he would have the best chance of bringing back some "blue dog" dems that feel disenfranchised from the party.

Assuming he is out, I honestly don't know but I like Warren's potential policies relative to finance, banking and consumer protection, although I don't agree with a tax as high as she is suggesting for the uber wealthy.

Comment

Neither. I would vote for Biden to get the nomination because he would have the best chance of bringing back some "blue dog" dems that feel disenfranchised from the party.

Assuming he is out, I honestly don't know but I like Warren's potential policies relative to finance, banking and consumer protection, although I don't agree with a tax as high as she is suggesting for the uber wealthy.
                    With his pedo behaviour do you really think Biden has a chance?

The Republicans would have a field day running attack ads of Biden fondling kids.

Comment

The problem with this ad and Kamala Harris ad, and many of these other stupid ads, is that they literally tell you nothing about the policy positions of these candidates. That ad was just filled with a bunch of feel good words that mean absolutely nothing.

Atleast when Trump ran or Bernie Sanders released their ads, you had a concrete policy positions that they were fighting for. With Trump it was about building a wall/securing our border, protecting USA from Chinese trade policy, and bringing manufacturing jobs back to the USA. With Bernie it was about Medicare for All, free college.

Meanwhile the Harris and Booker ads offer absolutely nothing.

booker will likely wait until if he gets the nomination to come up with a real platform, and it better be good because he'd have to be able to take votes from some moderate republicans in order to have a shot at winning

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
                      Corey “back door” booker and Kamala “casting couch” Harris...lmao Jesus
                      Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      Booker's actually likeable so idk about that.

I see Hillary like the white female version of Dick Cheney.
                      i agree with the bold

biden probably has the best chance to get the nomination, the question is who will be his running mate? pocahontas or back door booker

Comment

Working...
                      X