No announcement yet.

Congress now has enough support, Democrats and Republicans, to end shutdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Yes, as I said, the Brussels stop was part of the mandatory pilot rest period. Killing two birds with one stone. Efficency. This wasn't a pleasure trip as Trump has tried to frame it.

This is really owning the libs
    Obviously its not just a rest stop if it saying,
    "scheduled meeting with North Atlantic Treaty Organization allies, as well as military leaders."

And thats not the point whether its a rest stop or not, did you even read what I wrote, or are you to self absorbed to write whatever comes into your head.

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    You post that like preventing her from seeing the troops is a good thing. Do you?

Trump could've sent the same message, and perhaps got regular people to support him, had he let her go and then made it the last trip anyone else takes until they negotiate.

He is getting outplayed on this issue at every turn. Maybe he just should've listened to those telling him this was a not the way to handle this.
    Like I said to MCC, its a message that there aren't anymore govt funded trips for Pelosi if she wants to play silly games with the State of the Union. She is terrified of the optics of Trump lambasting the Dems for their atrocious take on border security.

As for being out played, resilience my friend, the polls for the support of the wall are growing, and those govt employees, most of them are Democrats and sooner or later a hungry dog lashes out at his master.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
      im not shifting anything.....

what I said is FACT....

but you go ahead and support politicians playing political games with people.... you love that for some reason.

unless you are gonna run for any type of office one day you shouldnt like these poeple playing mind games with americans..... but you do for some reason

why is that?

he never said that theyll write a check
      When Wolf Blitzer said he won't be able to get Mexico to write a check for the wall Trump says "I will"

How did we go from "Mexico will pay for the wall" to "The military and other government workers won't get paid until Americans pay for the wall"?

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
        "scheduled meeting with North Atlantic Treaty Organization allies, as well as military leaders."

And thats not the point whether its a rest stop or not, did you even read what I wrote, or are you to self absorbed to write whatever comes into your head.
        It is a mandatory rest stop for the pilot. By law the pilot must rest. While the pilot is resting the CODEL will be having meeting with NATO allies. That's called efficency.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          It is a mandatory rest stop for the pilot. By law the pilot must rest. While the pilot is resting the CODEL will be having meeting with NATO allies. That's called efficency.
          Ok, but you tried to spin it like it was just some lay over flight. You can call it efficiency or good scheduling, but the fact of the matter its not just a rest stop.

Comment

It's important to remember Trump agreed to keep the government open then he heard Limbaugh and Coulter (neither elected, neither appointed) criticize him and changed his mind. This is the Limbaugh/Coulter shutdown

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post

Like I said to MCC, its a message that there aren't anymore govt funded trips for Pelosi if she wants to play silly games with the State of the Union. She is terrified of the optics of Trump lambasting the Dems for their atrocious take on border security.

As for being out played, resilience my friend, the polls for the support of the wall are growing, and those govt employees, most of them are Democrats and sooner or later a hungry dog lashes out at his master.
              Why would she be terrified? Trump is so toxic that even with an issue he should be easily winning like border security he is losing because he made the shutdown about himself not the issue.

He keeps misplaying this. He could’ve let Pelosi go and then claimed he had no one to negotiate with. He could’ve let her go then make that the last trip for anyone until the shutdown is over. That way the optics are he put the troops ahead of politics.

You don’t know if most government employees are Dems. It seems you are hoping that somehow Trump can change things around on this but his pettiness is getting in the way.

Comment

Dude the person playing the games is Trump. he thought the shutdown would make him look principled and strong he went with it. That was a stupid thing to do. When he realized those that told him this was a terrible idea because the optics were bad and he was taking heat, he cowardly tried to shift blame.

This whole thing has made him look petty and weak. You can try and make this about dems or the American people but it rings hollow. You should’ve posted all this before the shutdown.

Were you one of the Trumpers like 1bad that was in favor of the shutdown before it happened? If so, I really find it disingenuous and fake for you to ask dems to negotiate now.
                Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                im not shifting anything.....

what I said is FACT....

but you go ahead and support politicians playing political games with people.... you love that for some reason.

unless you are gonna run for any type of office one day you shouldnt like these poeple playing mind games with americans..... but you do for some reason

why is that?

he never said that theyll write a check

Comment

Why would she be terrified? Trump is so toxic that even with an issue he should be easily winning like border security he is losing because he made the shutdown about himself not the issue.

He keeps misplaying this. He could’ve let Pelosi go and then claimed he had no one to negotiate with. He could’ve let her go then make that the last trip for anyone until the shutdown is over. That way the optics are he put the troops ahead of politics.

You don’t know if most government employees are Dems. It seems you are hoping that somehow Trump can change things around on this but his pettiness is getting in the way.
                  Trump isn't toxic lol. These fake polls mean **** all.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHanz View Post
                    Trump isn't toxic lol. These fake polls mean **** all.
                    You sound clueless. Trump absolutely is toxic and the poll numbers are not fake.

Comment

You sound clueless. Trump absolutely is toxic and the poll numbers are not fake.
                      Sure...

You'll find out soon enough when he wins in 2020. Nobody admits to voting for Trump, not unless they want a bunch of crazy, unhinged libtards trying to ruin their life.

Comment

Working...
                      X