No announcement yet.

Any of you ever been homeless?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of you ever been homeless?

I always hear stories from famous/rich celebs of a time when they slept in their cars for months/years. Steve Harvey story is real depressing if you heard it. have any of you ever hit rock bottom like this? have you slept in your car or shelter? and for how long.

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
    I always hear stories from famous/rich celebs of a time when they slept in their cars for months/years. Steve Harvey story is real depressing if you heard it. have any of you ever hit rock bottom like this? have you slept in your car or shelter? and for how long.
    Yes.
    In my 20s when I was a heroin addict I had no home and no safety net to help me out.
    Me and my co-e lived in the streets, crashing at people's houses whilst doing crime during the day to get our drug.

It all came to a end when we got so desperate to start doing armed robberies landing me a 7yr sentence getting out on parole after 3.
    Big wake up call but unfortunately a lesson not learnt so spent pretty much my entire 20s locked up.
    Now I'm 40 drug free with a partner and beautiful 5 yr old daughter.
    I think I just grew up and my whole outlook on life changed when in my 30s.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
      Yes.
      In my 20s when I was a heroin addict I had no home and no safety net to help me out.
      Me and my co-e lived in the streets, crashing at people's houses whilst doing crime during the day to get our drug.

It all came to a end when we got so desperate to start doing armed robberies landing me a 7yr sentence getting out on parole after 3.
      Big wake up call but unfortunately a lesson not learnt so spent pretty much my entire 20s locked up.
      Great job bro. Addictions are hard to beat. I know lol

Comment

I had a pet dog called neil who became homeless (he ran away) little bastard.

Comment

Yes.

Dang man, glad to hear you kicked the addiction and wised up. God bless you and your fam

Comment

Wasn't homeless per se, but did sleep in my car for a few months trying to relocate to a different town and didn't have the funds rent/get a hotel. Suitcase in the trunk, golds gym membership to workout and shower, worked all day, and slept in the car. Wasn't too bad honestly.

Comment

Yes.

Nice job bro. You are a strong dude. Glad to hear such stories like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Introspective View Post
                I had a pet dog called neil who became homeless (he ran away) little bastard.
                I will pray for neil

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                  I will pray for neil
                  Thanks bro, I have an inkling that my humble mastiff neil has been dognapped and is now known as Johnny he's been remodeled into a Chihuahua and studies zarokuian theology in Japan. Good luck to him.

Comment

Yes.

damn big props on overcoming that. when most hit rock bottom they collapse further. i spent a whole year homeless sleeping in my car and using a gym membership to shower. one positive of it was no rent lol. but couldn't stay in my car forever so saved up enough to get a place. one thing you learn real quick sleeping in cars is how common this is. walmart parking lots are full of homeless. i was one of them.

Comment

Working...
                    X