Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In which sport would the players of old do the worst today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    Link to it?
    Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
    I think baseball. I've heard guys like Babe Ruth and Ty Cobb were just fat slobs. They couldn't hit **** off today's pitchers, or run the bases in a respectable time.
    Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post

Who the fk lets you post here? Fking embarrassing.
    On four separate occasions in his career, Cobb reached 1st base, stole 2nd, 3rd, and home in the same fking inning.
    Yeah because his opponents were all fat white guys. They didn't let black people play baseball yet, so he stole those bases against other fat, out of shape guys.
    Nobody. And I mean nobody, thinks you should be on this forum. You're a fking joke. A clown. An idiot.

Your entire life is based on Trolling... Trolling...

You're an embarrassment and you bring down the integrity of this forum with each and every one of your posts.

Not only do you get owned EVERY single time you debate someone, that person then feels sorry for you.

Cobb was faster than fast. Honus Wagner was literally nicknamed "The Flying Dutchman" because of how fast he was. He was born in 1874. His fking career WAR was 126.2. That man would literally fking kill you... With one hand. You're a pu$$y. He was a man. A very tough one.

Mickey Mantle was faster than fast.

You do know LaMotta beat Ray Robinson right? There comes a time where you need to stop saying stupid fking **** and act like a grown man and not a boy.
    Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
    Listen, man. That might be your buddy. And you might actually like trolling (which makes you a complete idiot), but you need to wake up.

Comment

1920-1921 - This is 100 years ago to you little millennials.

100 Yard Dash
      Harold "Red" Grange Wheaton (H.S.) :10 2⁄5

Comment

Most of you don't know who this is. But this guys shoes were stolen before the 1912 Summer Olympics and he still won 2 Gold Medals.

Comment

Most of you don't know who this is. But this guys shoes were stolen before the 1912 Summer Olympics and he still won 2 Gold Medals.

He'd get destroyed by today's athletes, even if he had new shoes.

Comment

He'd get destroyed by today's athletes, even if he had new shoes.
            LOL... Man, I can't get enough of this troll.

Comment

Continues to expose himself over and over again.

Comment

Continues to expose himself over and over again.
                More like you do. I'm the champ, baby.

Comment

Professional eating. Those mf'ers back then have nothing on today's lot.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
                    I don't see why this would differ sport to sport.

The advantages have come from three main factors:

1. PEDs. Most using them and all playing dumb.

2. Global talent pool. Boxing is a fine example. For decades being the "world" champion actually meant you were the Kentucky-England-New York champion, because the rest of the "world" wasn't invited. Who knows how many legends would have never cracked the top 25 had the competitive pool been larger.

2. Athletes are ridiculously overpaid from quite an early age and can dedicate their life solely to training, while in the old days many top competitors were just getting by.

If it did differ, we would probably see the most profound effect in sports that revolve around pure size ie basketball and NFL linesmen. Just because PEDs turned guys who would've been fat grotesque 7 ft lummoxes into viable athletes. Maintaining a decent physique past a certain size used to border on impossible but now there's no real limit.
                    I agree this post and I’ll add on to it.

We just have a better understanding of body chemistry and mechanics. Training methods have evolved and have gotten better.

Athletes today are just taken care of better with superior equipment, food, supplements, KNOWLEDGE.

One thing that past athletes had were toughness.

They were just harder men because they lived in a harder era and could take more. Think about the NFL. There’s no telling how many players played through concussions.

Or in boxing. Who would think about professionally fighting twice in 1 week or going 20 plus rounds.

Old school athletes might’ve had better dedication because they didn’t have the distractions we have now.

Comment

Nobody said the tough/hard fighters weren't smart. They just weren't as advanced technically as most of the guys today.

Even SRR wasn't as advanced. But there isn't a soul today that could carry his gym bag.
                      Not to say all them old timers were sloppy, just the vast majority. They make Wilder look sophisticated. Perhaps there were traps set within the sloppiness ?

Tough/hard usually translate into not wanting to believe they need to make adjustments. ''He will not break me...'' while eating jabs and right crosses all night. The ideal fighter needs to be smart enough to know when to be tough. Imho

Comment

Working...
                      X