Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fu#k it. I’m gonna quit my job job and become a roofer. Any tips?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b morph View Post
    Nah man I’m stupid as fu#k. Let me put it to you this way. I’m a security guard and I have no idea how I haven’t been fired yet.
    I used to date this girl who did security guard sh^t. It was a nothing job. She barely had any real work to do so she spent most of her time studying for a bachelors degree in some other sh^t during her work hours & f#cking me when I stopped by this dead ass area she worked at.

Easy way to move up while you got a sh^tty job. Think she even went from a random security person to an armed security person while doing the school sh^t to. I'd say do something like that to get into a job that excites you more vs go to f#cking roofing. Roofing is a trash f#cking job unless you know all that sh^t & are running the whole company vs just being the guy moving up the roofing chain of command.

Comment

don't buy any foreign made tools or you'll spend your nights combing the weeds/ditches looking for your sheeit. And be ready to work your ass off! …….Rockin'
      Last edited by Rockin'; 12-06-2018, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        I used to date this girl who did security guard sh^t. It was a nothing job. She barely had any real work to do so she spent most of her time studying for a bachelors degree in some other sh^t during her work hours & f#cking me when I stopped by this dead ass area she worked at.

Easy way to move up while you got a sh^tty job. Think she even went from a random security person to an armed security person while doing the school sh^t to. I'd say do something like that to get into a job that excites you more vs go to f#cking roofing. Roofing is a trash f#cking job unless you know all that sh^t & are running the whole company vs just being the guy moving up the roofing chain of command.
        Oh trust me. That’s how most security jobs are. Most of the time they’re chill as fu#k. My old job site was awesome. Easy and simple and still paid decent. Then they moved me to a more serious account. Can’t get away with anything and they just pile more work on our plates. Not that I’m trying to get away with stuff, but it was just more lax at the old place. This place I’m at now, the work environments boarderline toxic. Bad vibes all over.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
          It def helps, if your young and in shape and not a fat fck your body will adjust just fine, it will take a bit of time, but you'll be fine.

Walking on a slant, carrying 70 lb bundles of shingles up a ladder isn't exactly normal everyday movements though, so your body will have to adjust to it.

The first few weeks will be rough though for sure because your gonna have to push through that ****.

You don't have to do it your whole life, but if you want to get out of crappy office life and get moving and make some $, roofing isn't bad as long as you have work ethic.
          I used to be a mover when I was on summer break during college. Wasn’t too bad. I struggled with the super heavy antic dressers, pianos, and big pieces of furniture, but I moved a lot of boxes fine. Wasn’t terrible. I figure roofing is somewhat similar physically.

Comment

I've done roofing before

Your first day, the day after it your legs will be fooked from carrying **** up ladders all day but after that you'll be fine

be awares you won't get any work if it's raining

Comment

Have you ever thought about trucking? Plenty of time to yourself...a girl in every city...and plenty of $$$. Sweet life.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
                Have you ever thought about trucking? Plenty of time to yourself...a girl in every city...and plenty of $$$. Sweet life.

As a truck driver, you spend your life surrounded by idiots in 4 wheelers, who don't fully grasp how heavy you are and have no concept of air brake lag. Most of the truck stop foods are sh itty, although the Iron Skillet at the Flying J (I think), is damn good. Sleep is rough in the back, especially if you sleep at a truck stop where parking brakes are popping and releasing all night. The girl in every city part is kinda fun, I have to admit. Definitely get a "no-touch, no-load" job, unloading hot ass trailers is no fun

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
                  I used to be a mover when I was on summer break during college. Wasn’t too bad. I struggled with the super heavy antic dressers, pianos, and big pieces of furniture, but I moved a lot of boxes fine. Wasn’t terrible. I figure roofing is somewhat similar physically.
                  Did you learn how to carry the boxes on your back? It's a hell of a shoulder stretch, but it will save your back at the end of a 12 hour move.

Have to save that back for the armoire and piano... and that sectional they want on the 3rd floor...

Comment

May
                    All
                    Your
                    Furniture
                    Leave
                    Our
                    Warehouse
                    Entirely
                    Ruined

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                      Ive done roofing, I still take roofing jobs but I sub it out to Mexicans or if they are too busy, than white trash.

Roofing sucks, but if you don't have any trade skills it's a way to make a decent buck in the short term.

That's how I first got into the contracting business.

Your body is in for a rude awakening though, it doesn't matter how good of shape your in, roofing pits a whole new kind of stress on your body.
                      I just admit that kinda hurt the AA community, back in the day we used to do all the manual labor jobs back in the day. fair enough the white man didn't really wanted to pay us right then the Mexicans came in and now cleaning up. Go into the AA community and none of the men know how to do **** around the house. My nephew doesn't even know how to mow the lawn. All the trades are owned by everybody and not us besides black barbers. You should teach some of these nuckle heads how to roof keep them off the streets. I am in my mid 20s if I could of done it over again I would had went to trade shool over college. Yea I make descent money and own some stuff but having that Manuel labor / trade skill is important. I would do heating and cooling or learning how to design / build houses. That's something thru can't take away from you. These corporate jobs are something else. Stay up my brother

Comment

Working...
                      X