Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can people change, can a person ever redeem themselves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] Can people change, can a person ever redeem themselves?

Looking at some of the Adonis Stevenson threads about what a thug he was prior to his boxing career (pimp, rapist, drug pusher, violent abuser, etc.), it got me wondering what some of you think here.

Can someone who was once a totally reprehensible human being ever turn a page and truly better themselves to the point where the sins of their past are forgiven? Or do they remain forever condemned for their actions?

Females choose to sell themselves..He committed crimes but he did not force anyone of them to live that life

Comment

People can change. It's a very difficult experience and those old ghosts will always be there.
      I think with Adonis, he embraces his past and looks back on it with pride.
      That's not a good way of thinking.
      I speak from my experiences and coming back to the light is very challenging, but after 3-4 years of genuine commitment to change, I've come further than I anticipated.
      Still got a lot of work to do but things are starting to shape up.
      I used to just love money but no my joy comes from helping other people.
      Adonis has to take whatever he has left of his soul and help people that are in the same position as his former victims.
      And I have faith that he will do just that.

Comment

Keep in mind, we could be talking about anyone here, not just Adonis. I just used him as an example from some threads that were going in NSB.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
          Keep in mind, we could be talking about anyone here, not just Adonis. I just used him as an example from some threads that were going in NSB.
          Excellent forum.
          Says a lot about your character my brother.

Comment

well according to the bible if you accept Jesus as saviour all your sins are forgiven. and im guessin that covers even "reprehensible" type sht. which is a huge flaw in salvation theory. a pedophile cannot redeem himself. there's no way.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
              well according to the bible if you accept Jesus as saviour all your sins are forgiven. and im guessin that covers even "reprehensible" type sht. which is a huge flaw in salvation theory. a pedophile cannot redeem himself. there's no way.
              What if a pedo saved 100 kids from being touched up by another pedo?

Comment

I’m a recovering alcoholic. I basically have to believe people can change and redeem themselves haha.

Comment

Sure, people can change and do all the time. That said if you do harm to people you still have to live with that for life. Just like the person that you hurt has to live with their injury as well.

Real men make choices in life. Sometimes we screw up and we can redeem ourselves. But sometimes we make a choice to do harm to another and I dont think you can come back from that. UNLESS you redeem yourself by making that other person you hurt the best they can be. Thats a life long task IMO. Not just serving some time.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                    What if a pedo saved 100 kids from being touched up by another pedo?
                    This is redemption.

Comment

Working...
                    X