No announcement yet.

Brexit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
    Will there be civil unrest if May or another PM wants another referendum or goes back on Brexit?
    yeah **** will hit the fan if theres another referendum but it wont happen because the conservative party will never recover if it does.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      Not really sure but it seems you guys will be getting a soft Brexit.

Where the hard Brexit folks at? Because the joke is on y'all.
      mays deal probably wont get through parliament. its going to be a no deal brexit, which will now be a disaster cause rather than spend 2 years planning for it which they could have done, its going to be like walking off a cliff edge. saying that, id still rather that than the pathetic 'deal' that may has presented which is basically uk opening up its arsecheeks to the EU. she is on course to be the most hated PM of all time. best believe the UK citizens are furious with the government and most of us are more than happy to go through a few difficult years rather than be bullied by the EU

Comment

Originally posted by The Ox View Post
        There is none, rip the deal up and trade on WTO terms
        agree completely ^

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
          mays deal probably wont get through parliament. its going to be a no deal brexit, which will now be a disaster cause rather than spend 2 years planning for it which they could have done, its going to be like walking off a cliff edge. saying that, id still rather that than the pathetic 'deal' that may has presented which is basically uk opening up its arsecheeks to the EU. she is on course to be the most hated PM of all time. best believe the UK citizens are furious with the government and most of us are more than happy to go through a few difficult years rather than be bullied by the EU
          I like your conviction.

The folks who will lose their jobs won't be so thrilled. I hope you will be one so you can show them how persevere through the difficulties.

Comment

To the two gents saying let's trade on WTO rules, let's hear what an actual expert says that means.

https://youtu.be/VONR5S44TyA

Several countries already contest how the UK plans to try and trade on WTO. Britain would have to simultaneously agree deals with the EU and over a hundred non EU countries. It's unprecedented.

All leading economists state it'll damage the UK economy for a lot more than a couple of years.
            Last edited by Kris Silver; 11-25-2018, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
                There's barely a fact or person with enough basis to argue Brexit is a good idea and better outlook. All leading politicians ran, got sacked, or are fairly hard right laughing stocks.

We're living in very nationalistic times where many people are certain they know better and to be versed enough, on topics they truly know little about.

Everyone has and is suffering for such ignorance. Such is the risk of democracy. But then the system is the best of a bad bunch.

And I'll take polling of thousands of people at record volumes showing strong evidence enough people have accepted this and Brexiteers are the minority now, over the same recycled nonsense.

We're all connected in this global village. Regardless.
                I'm danish. Very skeptic of the EU (as is most danes). I want the UK to have as fair a deal as possible. That's my general position.

Now what I don't understand, is that all the leaders of the brexit movement. All those who claimed all kinds of positives (which I personally thought was a hoax told to the british public for whatever reason I couldn't and cannot understand) coming out of brexit, are not a part of the divorce negotiations. I am talking about Farage, Johnson as the highest profiled players.

I mean why aren't they saying what is wrong and why haven't they contributed? As a friend of britain, it looks to me as if the british public got fooled by demagogs who abandoned ship after the referendum.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
                  To the two gents saying let's trade on WTO rules, let's hear what an actual expert says that means.

https://youtu.be/VONR5S44TyA

Several countries already contest how the UK plans to try and trade on WTO. Britain would have to simultaneously agree deals with the EU and over a hundred non EU countries. It's unprecedented.

All leading economists state it'll damage the UK economy for a lot more than a couple of years.
                  Of course it would damage your economy. Did Farage and Johnson say it would better the economy? And if they did how could anyone believe them?

I cannot believe economy was the reason why you guys wanted to leave.

Comment

Some people think enough people have flipped from leave to remain.. I don't think so.. Leavers were never voting leave due to the economy imo..

I mean the whole remain campaign was banging on about how the UK economy would be devastated and ruined from leaving the EU

Didn't work the first time.. why would it now? Because a few polls from the likes of the guardian suggest it?

Comment

unfettered migration quotas is enough reason for any sane country to leave the EU. the EU is on the verge of irrelevancy and collapse anyway so idk why the green toofs are still waffling on this.

Comment

Working...
                      X