No announcement yet.

"Water problems in CA. "

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    The state legislature will raise the small bit of taxes that everyone can agree on, but the vast majority of the money will likely come from bond financing approved by the voters of the great state of California.

How much money actually ends up being raised is unknown, but why act dumb, as if the basic lever aren't already known?
    So you just raise taxes, despite your State already having the highest State income tax rates. Genius.

You already have rising debt now, without this latest freebie program, even with those massive tax rates. So no one is "acting dumb". Its a valid question.

At what point do you say your State has to start spending less than they take in?

Or do you take the stance a government can just run up more and more debt endlessly??

Comment

LOL @ any of you thinking they are going to build housing FOR the homeless...homelessness is a racket, and California does it pretty much better than any other state.

Comment

Man I always have to bring facts.
        The Top Four Reasons California Is Unsustainable
        https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasd...A#6e421a6d3a23

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
          The only problem is facts and hard numbers dont matter to grubers and superfans.

Grubers are too stupid to grasp them, and superfans ignore them due to their team loyalty.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            So you just raise taxes, despite your State already having the highest State income tax rates. Genius.

You already have rising debt now, without this latest freebie program, even with those massive tax rates. So no one is "acting dumb". Its a valid question.

At what point do you say your State has to start spending less than they take in?

Or do you take the stance a government can just run up more and more debt endlessly??
            The projected budget surplus for the coming year is over $14b... lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
              The projected budget surplus for the coming year is over $14b... lol.
              I've already explained to you how that is completely false.

Remember, "unfunded liabilities".

Please try and keep up.

I then explained that even if I give you the surplus, it's only a fraction of your State's existing debt anyway, so that money is already spent.

Now, please finally tackle my simple question.

No ducking or obfuscation (by circular arguments), please.

Comment

Let me state this concept in real world terms. Hopefully you keep up, and learn the lesson this time.

In October my household ran a $200 budget deficit.

In November we are not going to make our $600 Mustang payment.

Will I have a true budget surplus in November?

Yes or No, please.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                  I should try this with my wife.

1bad65: I'm buying a new Shelby Mustang.

Mrs 1bad65: How do you propose we pay for this car???

1bad65: You are a waste of oxygen.

In the real world you have to pay for things guys. I know the Democrats have told you guys that everything is "free" if the government gives it away, but remember, they openly admit to lying to y'all and using your economic "stupidity" to play you for fools.

Theres no free lunch guys. Most of us learned this concept as children. You have to learn it, even if it is years later than the rest of us learned it.
                  Maybe antifa or Hollywood can foot the bill, get some of that cis gender money flowing for the working families of California

Comment

Originally posted by EL_GRINGO View Post
                    Maybe antifa or Hollywood can foot the bill, get some of that cis gender money flowing for the working families of California
                    This has been my point forever. Hollywood is always saying they should pay more taxes. SOOOOO take your cash and start a project wit that money you feel you should be taxed on.

WONT HAPPEN! They like to take for PR reasons but when its time to but their money where their mouth is its uhhhh huhhhh?

Comment

Working...
                    X