No announcement yet.

Mass shooting at Thousand Oaks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by man down View Post
    Who's saying they don't play a role? The argument is, it's the the item it's the person. It could be guns, cars, bats, knives, ECT ECT.
    If you don't fix the problem the item doesn't matter.
    Btw suicide is included in gun deaths.

A significant role.

Gun, are quite literally designed to kill.

Whether you like it or not, if all the guns in the US disappeared tomorrow, the Homicide rate would tumble to a fraction of what it is now.

Now you may prefer to have guns and a much higher homicide rate. But you must concede that no gun will greatly reduce the homicide rate.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      A significant role.

Whether you like it or not, if all the guns in the US disappeared tomorrow, the Homicide rate would tumble to a fraction of what it is now.

Now you may prefer to have guns and a much higher homicide rate. But you must concede that no gun will greatly reduce the homicide rate.
      Sure it would I'm not saying it wasn't. Btw murder rates are down despite more gun sales.

Comment

Sure it would I'm not saying it wasn't. Btw murder rates are down despite more gun sales.

Yeah, owning a gun doesn't make you a murderer, but easy access, makes it easy to murderers and crazies to get guns to carry out their murders

Comment

• Mental illness awareness check + gun control

Comment

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-u-s...her-countries/

Americans are 10 times more likely to be killed by guns than people in other developed countries, a new study finds.

I don't know why you're linking this to me. How is it related with the previous exchange or rest of thread?

We have always had a higher overall gun homicide rate & homicide rate in general. The lion's share takes place in a handful of metro areas with very distinct ethnocultural backgrounds while our suburban/rural rates are closer to Europe's. The geographies are incomparable (although will become more comparable in the future via the colonization/globalization of Europe).

I was arguing that mass shootings do not significantly affect this overall homicide rate, which is otherwise rapidly declining, & are mostly a deceptive viral media phenomenon.
            Last edited by ////; 11-10-2018, 04:17 PM.

Comment

A significant role.

I dont know about greatly reduce. Itll reduce it somewhat.

I want guns legal over lowering homicides.

Most homicide victims are criminals anyway.

Comment

Our murder rates 2000s-2010s are lowest in history since the 1950s-1960s.

Comment

• Originally posted by //// View Post
                  I don't know why you're linking this to me. How is it related with the previous exchange or rest of thread?

We have always had a higher overall gun homicide rate & homicide rate in general. The lion's share takes place in a handful of metro areas with very distinct ethnocultural backgrounds while our suburban/rural rates are closer to Europe's. The geographies are incomparable (although will become more comparable in the future via the colonization/globalization of Europe).

I was arguing that mass shootings do not significantly affect this overall homicide rate, which is otherwise rapidly declining, & are mostly a deceptive viral media phenomenon.
                  I thought you were implying that Europe is a place where you are more likely to be shot and killed.

America is responsible for 1/6 of gun homicides world wide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                    I dont know about greatly reduce. Itll reduce it somewhat.

I want guns legal over lowering homicides.

Most homicide victims are criminals anyway.

What is it at the moment around 10,000?

You will probably be looking at saving around 5,000 lives.

Most homicide victims are criminals?

Is that just your opinion or is that based on evidence?

Comment

• Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
                      Illegals aren't eligible for government assistance. No illegal alien has food stamps. Legally at least.

The other mass shootings that have been done were not done by ptsd but by being white.
                      You must at Disneyland (Fantasy Land). They just have to say the magic word "Amnesty."

Comment

Working...
                      X