Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President plans to end birthright citizenship for non-citizens and illegal immigrants

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
      I didn't read it lol. But Trump just pisses me off sometimes. So I expect the worst. So, Ok I see what you mean. But it's the law right? Can't change the constitution can you?
      There is a citizenship clause in the constitution, but the law is in the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), and that could be amended to remove birthright to those born from illegal parents.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
        There is a citizenship clause in the constitution, but the law is in the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), and that could be amended to remove birthright to those born from illegal parents.
        The Immigration and Naturalization Act of 1965 is one of the worst things to ever happen to this country.

Comment

I'm hippie-ish with all this citizenship bs, but I understand why its ultimately needed. But I don't really understand the logic of two illegal people can create a citizen. So if this is something that can be altered it probably should be.

If an illegal person has a kid with a citizen I can see how that child should be treated as a citizen doe. The math on that makes more sense to me.

Comment

I'm gonna sit back and enjoy hearing everyone explain why they now support the president trying to executive order something out of the constitution
            Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 10-30-2018, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              So true man. So true. His hypocrite base will be all for it though.
              How are we hypocrites on this?

Us Trump supporters have been against illegal immigration from the get go, and this EO will combat illegal immigration.

Where's the hypocrisy??

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                More power to him then, you think the Supreme Court will approve of this? Because I expect this to go to the Supreme Court...

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                  More power to him then, you think the Supreme Court will approve of this? Because I expect this to go to the Supreme Court...
                  It will definitely go to SCOTUS, and I think it might pass. We'll see when the full proposition comes out, it will be interesting to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    I'm hippie-ish with all this citizenship bs, but I understand why its ultimately needed. But I don't really understand the logic of two illegal people can create a citizen. So if this is something that can be altered it probably should be.

If an illegal person has a kid with a citizen I can see how that child should be treated as a citizen doe. The math on that makes more sense to me.
                    The bolded part is exactly right.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Yeah, I don't mind the change itself. I also agree that a child of a citizen, even if just one parent, ought to be a citizen as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X