Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The vast majority of people hate political correctness...so why are we bending to it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The actual problem is entertainment being dumbed down. The 90s had Attitude-Era Generation X (deliciously, for example), while nowadays WWE is silly. Entertainment's not very realistic to society, and people keep growing up in their own bubbles, with the advent of the Internet, too. Everyone wants what's comfortable now, not necessarily what's real, including news. We traded DragonBallZ for Bob the Builder.

As for politics, as someone else mentioned, everyone will think we're being too PC about something. KKK-minded people think there's not enough "real talk" about the problems "the Blacks" pose, Black people/Hispanics think there's not enough real talk about White racism, and Asians may think they've been stereotyped into "the good minority": Hardworking yet not gaining real respect in White society.

Originally, it was to be expected these differences would balance themselves out over time, but, due to size disparities between the populations, that's not realistic. What we have is a White dominance of ideas (leading to Trump, even), yet with the caveat of generational divides within it (which led to Barack Obama, previously).

These forces will disagree (deliciously). It is not until years later that the transition will be complete, and, even then, racism shall not be extinguished. Once everyone's mixed, they'll still have categories for color.

Ha ha ha! What a joy, what a joy!

Comment

The gay vote is paramount

Comment

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
        Vast majority of Americans refuse to get off their arse and vote so can have no complaints when the country turns to ****
        Is Trump the PC President?

As a person who doesn't vote I can tell you I don't vote because its a dated concept of representing my opinion that I don't trust or believe in. And as a citizen of the US I have free speech & there is no law & its a dumb stance to have that cuz you don't vote you can't voice your opinions on how this society works.

Of course I can not vote & say these mfers are corrupt, not representing the majority of peoples stances on any particular situation or bought & paid for by lobbyists or others with large piles of money.

Money buys representation in the US not votes. Until you take the money out of politics you'll always be able to buy political seats.

Comment

Political correctness can get effed!

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            Politically correct behavior helps civilize the world, regardless of what some poll says.
            Not always here in the UK schools aren't allowed to use words like brainstorm because its potentially offensive or insentive to epileptic people which most would not even associate the phrase with.

Also a gay couple took a Catholic couples bakery to the court for respectfully refusing to make a cake celebrating being gay. I think this is evidence of it going too far or an example of incorrect political correctness as it shows a lack of respect/regards towards the Catholic couples beleifs.

Also not being appropriate to use the term coloured people but being able to use the term people of colour. Both mean the same thing and even sound pretty much the same but some people get chastisized for simply using one as a discriptive, just seems silly to me atleast eithe they're both offensive of neither. I think current PC tries to over simplify things into what you say rather than what is meant by it which is what matters.

It's not really about being respectful more about using the correct phrases which is the wrong way round, like learning the answer fo the exam rather than the whole study material.
            Last edited by Jax teller; 10-29-2018, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
              Not always here in the UK schools aren't allowed to use words like brainstorm because its potentially offensive or insentive to epileptic people which most would not even associate the phrase with.
              That seems crazy.

Also a gay couple took a Catholic couples bakery to the court for respectfully refusing to make a cake celebrating being gay. I think this is evidence of it going too far or an example of incorrect political correctness as it shows a lack of respect/regards towards the Catholic couples beleifs.
              See this one I actually do have a problem with doe.

If you are running a business & not serving a certain segment of the population I think you either need to put that on your front door, like the no shirt no shoes no service sign, so its known before you are going in that they have a problem with you or people who are your family or friends or something you just don't wanna support there business if they don't wanna do business with those type of people.

Or better yet I don't think it should be legal to deny anyone access to what you are selling unless they are being a problem in your place of business.

Mainly cuz I think this is a highly problematic thing if a gas station started not allowing a certain race or gay people or any type of people they just don't agree for w/e reason with access to something everyone needs. Granted cakes aren't a necessity, but to me denying service to anyone for any reason thats not immediately disruptive to your place of business makes you unfit to be running a business for that service.

Thats not anti-PC sh^t, thats anti-economy sh^t & putting a hardship on a person trying to access a service in the US. So make it known or don't get in the service industry.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                That seems crazy.

See this one I actually do have a problem with doe.

If you are running a business & not serving a certain segment of the population I think you either need to put that on your front door, like the no shirt no shoes no service sign, so its known before you are going in that they have a problem with you or people who are your family or friends or something you just don't wanna support there business if they don't wanna do business with those type of people.

Or better yet I don't think it should be legal to deny anyone access to what you are selling unless they are being a problem in your place of business.

Mainly cuz I think this is a highly problematic thing if a gas station started not allowing a certain race or gay people or any type of people they just don't agree for w/e reason with access to something everyone needs. Granted cakes aren't a necessity, but to me denying service to anyone for any reason thats not immediately disruptive to your place of business makes you unfit to be running a business for that service.

Thats not anti-PC sh^t, thats anti-economy sh^t & putting a hardship on a person trying to access a service in the US. So make it known or don't get in the service industry.
                I get your point and I think it's a fine line but there's no way you could go to a bakers owned by gay people or even most straight people and get 'god is against gays' on it, that would almost cetainly spark the interest of the law over here as well. I'm pretty sure the message was the key problem in this case not the fact the customer was gay.

Refusing to serve people so as to not promote there beleifs is fine to me, but refusing to serve them because of their beleifs/looks isn't.

Comment

Bending to it was established by free-speech opponents who only want you to know "their" truth. It's pushed through media, education departments, and trickles into every aspect of our lives.

Voltaire, a French philosopher ahead of his time, spoke out against the power of the church and was a proponent for freedom of speech and separation of church and state. His words from 250 years ago ring true more today than ever.

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize"

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities"

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
                    I get your point and I think it's a fine line but there's no way you could go to a bakers owned by gay people or even most straight people and get 'god is against gays' on it, that would almost cetainly spark the interest of the law over here as well. I'm pretty sure the message was the key problem in this case not the fact the customer was gay.

Refusing to serve people so as to not promote there beleifs is fine to me, but refusing to serve them because of their beleifs/looks isn't.

Their view is that this unique relationship forms part of a belief in equality across orientations. They would argue a wedding isn't promotional in nature, but rather a private celebration among friends and family.

I, Zepar, as the demon of lust, have seen many a man and woman be stoned for such activities, while the pastor overseeing their tribunals, later that same night, sleeps with unmentionables.

The hypocrisy of society is delicious.

Comment

Because it's much easier to just be a hypocrite than it is to have the facts.

Comment

Working...
                      X