No announcement yet.

Elephants charge at hunters after they shoot a member of the herd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
    I think most of the time they are run by conservationists.

They allow a certain amount to be hunted for money and the rest looked after from poachers.

Without money they can't defend from poachers.
    even if you are a big game hunter, why go for extinct or protected animals?? that's just wrong.

there's plenty big animals in the US thst they can hunt such as moose, bears, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
      even if you are a big game hunter, why go for extinct or protected animals?? that's just wrong.

there's plenty big animals in the US thst they can hunt such as moose, bears, etc.
      How can you hunt extinct animals? They're extinct!

If they didn't allow hunting in some parts of Africa they couldn't afford to preserve them or protect them from poachers.

I'm not saying it's right but it's seen as the lesser of 2 evils.

Comment

If they didn't allow hunting in some parts of Africa they couldn't afford to preserve them or protect them from poachers.

let me rephrase what i said.. animals that are consider "endanger" species. thought it was clear enough but guess not.

Comment

yeah, they allow it because mofos are willing to pay!!

poachers are gonna come kill the animals anyways so might as well offer trophy hunters a chance to come kill these animals in exchange for money. that doesnt mean its right.

but i bet if they have the funds to run these "protected" area year round, do you think they'll still let trophy hunters come and kill these animals?

Comment

I think most of the time they are run by conservationists.

They allow a certain amount to be hunted for money and the rest looked after from poachers.

Without money they can't defend from poachers.
            so basically they just want money lol.

they let trophy hunters come and kill these animals for a "fee" so that they can continue to protect these animals from poachers? lol ...

in other words, the animals are gonna get killed regardless so just give us some money and we'll look the other way.

Comment

let me rephrase what i said.. animals that are consider "endanger" species. thought it was clear enough but guess not.
              The responsible hunters that pay to hunt these animals are literally helping save the majority, and funding anti poaching efforts. If a man owns that land and sells these legal hunts he'll have an incentive to keep the elephants on his land protected. He'll use that money to protect and grow the herds so he can continue to sell hunts. If hunters didn't pay the way poachers would decimate the unprotected herds and the man would sell his land to development taking away their habitat. It's not a pretty system to some, but it's saving certain animal species.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleJ View Post
                The responsible hunters that pay to hunt these animals are literally helping save the majority, and funding anti poaching efforts. If a man owns that land and sells these legal hunts he'll have an incentive to keep the elephants on his land protected. He'll use that money to protect and grow the herds so he can continue to sell hunts. If hunters didn't pay the way poachers would decimate the unprotected herds and the man would sell his land to development taking away their habitat. It's not a pretty system to some, but it's saving certain animal species.
                responsible hunters lol. how about they stop killing these animals if they wanna "help". they are not saving these animals, what they are doing is killing them slowly by doing this. how are they helping out if they are also killing these animals? lol

Comment

responsible hunters lol. how about they stop killing these animals if they wanna "help". they are not saving these animals, what they are doing is killing them slowly by doing this. how are they helping out if they are also killing these animals? lol
                  I just laid it out for you. Read it slowly as many times as you need.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleJ View Post
                    Y not just hunt the poachers??

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
                      Y not just hunt the poachers??
                      They do. With the help of funds received from legal hunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X