No announcement yet.

Dems say Republicans stealing “their” Latinos

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dems say Republicans stealing “their” Latinos

From the Sun Belt battlegrounds of Nevada and Arizona to sprawling turf wars in Texas and Florida, there are signs that the Hispanic vote — which party leaders have long hoped would be the foundation of future electoral success — has yet to flourish in their favor this year.

In some races, stronger-than-expected Republican appeals to Hispanic voters have complicated matters further for Democrats, leaving them scrambling to compete in diverse areas key to determining which party controls the Senate and House.

Ted Cruz has long been one of his party’s most vocal advocates of a strict immigration policy. Still, a Quinnipiac University poll showed him winning 37 percent of Hispanic voters, a slightly higher share than Trump won in the state in 2016, according to exit polls. Overall, Cruz led O’Rourke by nine points in the survey.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/it-keeps-me-awake-at-night-democrats-fear-lackluster-latino-support-could-undercut-bid-for-congress/2018/10/12/0b26b6b6-ce30-11e8-a360-85875bac0b1f_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.c869a2835b65

Originally posted by man down View Post
    From the Sun Belt battlegrounds of Nevada and Arizona to sprawling turf wars in Texas and Florida, there are signs that the Hispanic vote — which party leaders have long hoped would be the foundation of future electoral success — has yet to flourish in their favor this year.

In some races, stronger-than-expected Republican appeals to Hispanic voters have complicated matters further for Democrats, leaving them scrambling to compete in diverse areas key to determining which party controls the Senate and House.

Ted Cruz has long been one of his party’s most vocal advocates of a strict immigration policy. Still, a Quinnipiac University poll showed him winning 37 percent of Hispanic voters, a slightly higher share than Trump won in the state in 2016, according to exit polls. Overall, Cruz led O’Rourke by nine points in the survey.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...=.c869a2835b65
    They are conservative in their values so I guess once they get their citizenship, they aren't too concerned with immigration policy. They maybe but it's not top of their agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14;19194091[B
      ]They are conservative in their values[/B] so I guess once they get their citizenship, they aren't too concerned with immigration policy. They maybe but it's not top of their agenda.
      The gibs doe....I'd sell my soul for some government money - the latest iPhone don't come cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Dontae She'marc View Post
        The gibs doe....I'd sell my soul for some government money - the latest iPhone don't come cheap
        Get rich. Get connected and government contracts will flow your way.

Comment

One advise Latinos------> #Walkaway

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
            One advise Latinos------> #Walkaway
            Naw they like to work and earn. They know what's up.

Comment

I've been screaming for Republicans to go after Latinos since forever

Catholic/Christian conservatives (except for student communists that dont know ****)

Comment

its an everyday thing with you dudes huh? why dont yall just join a polotic type forum already.

Comment

Latinos at heart are Republicans, when it comes to family values and religion.

Comment

Working...
                  X