No announcement yet.

Trial starts for man who shot at Detroit area teen for ringing his doorbell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trial starts for man who shot at Detroit area teen for ringing his doorbell

This is the thread I wrote about it back in April. Hundreds of responses so I thought I'd update you all on the trial

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=778732

Here's the video of the teen ringing the doorbell and being shot at

A video of a Rochester Hills man who appears to be firing his gun in the direction of a fleeing teen could be raising serious doubt in jurors’ minds about his claim that the shooting was accidental, as his trial continues in Oakland County Circuit Court.

The video, shown in court on the trial’s second day, was recorded by a home surveillance system owned by Jeffrey Zeigler, 43, who’s charged with attempted murder and felony firearm in the April 12 incident on South Christian Hills Drive. Zeigler is accused of shooting at Brennan Walker, 14 at the time, who reportedly stopped at his house that morning to ask for directions to school after missing his bus.

Zeigler claims he and his wife believed it was an attempted break-in, which had reportedly happened to them multiple times before. According to investigators, Zeigler admits to running outside with his shotgun but maintains that he slipped which caused it to fire accidentally.

The video shows Brennan approaching the house, and knocking on the door and/or ringing the doorbell. Moments later, the teen is seen darting away from the house and a shirtless Zeigler appears, levels the gun somewhat and fires.

Brennan testified Monday, describing how he opened the Zeiglers’ screen door to knock on the main door, hoping to find the way to Rochester High School.

Judge Wendy Potts told jurors Tuesday they may be able to see the video again, possibly in slow motion, on their request.

Testifying on Tuesday, Jason Marshall, a deputy with the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office, said the video shows Zeigler leveled the shotgun, and that his shoulder came back and forward. Zeigler then “played around with the safety” before his hand is forced up by the recoil of the gun, Marshall testified. He also said the gun fired in a direction other than where Zeigler had pointed it, but he couldn’t definitively say what it was leveled at.

Also taking the stand Tuesday was Detective Shawn Pace, who said during his investigation, his assessment of what had allegedly happened at the Zeigler house — a home invasion attempt — changed as he watched the surveillance video.

“When I saw that video, my thought process switched...I knew which direction I had to go. I was shocked,” Pace testified. After viewing it a second time, he said he was “charged up, because I was offended by what I had seen.”

Pace also testified that Zeigler gave some conflicting details as he recounted what he said had happened, but “emphatically denied ever taking aim” at the teen and was consistent with his claim that the gun fired after he slipped.

At one point, Pace testified, he told Zeigler that he had taken aim at Brennan. “He took a big drink of water, looked at me and said, ‘I’m tired of being a victim.’ That was it,” Pace said.

Testimony will continue Thursday. Judge Wendy Potts said she expects closing statements Friday.
    https://www.theoaklandpress.com/news...ad08f57c5.html
    Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 10-11-2018, 06:14 AM.

Lmao WTF? Murica is great. Also the guy who tweeted is racist for mentioning boy was black.

Comment

If you aren't with the cops & you shoot at someone like that on video I'd recommend taking the plea deal.

Comment

That's a damn tragedy.

Can't even ring someone's doorbell if you're a black youth.

If I was the judge in that case, I would give him the harshest possible sentence in my power. Execution if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
          That's a damn tragedy.

Can't even ring someone's doorbell if you're a black youth.

If I was the judge in that case, I would give him the harshest possible sentence in my power. Execution if possible.
          How do you know it would be safer ringing the bell if you weren't black?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            Come on man, really?

You think if he wasn't a black teenage male, he would have been judged as a criminal or a threat and that he would get shot at for ringing a doorbell?

Really?

Comment

Also I just saw your sig, If you think Muhammad Ali, who was 6'2 1/2 with a 78 inch reach would have easily beat a prime(we haven't seen fury at his prime yet) tyson fury who is 6'9 with a 85 inch reach who can stick and move like he can, then I'm the one that should be laughing at you.

Tyson fury is a nightmare to face. No ATG would be able to beat him easily at his best.

If they were both in their prime and the fight was announced tomorrow, I would put my money on tyson fury. That's real ass talk and he would beat ali.

If the fight took place tomorrow, and we both bet it all, I would most likely take everything you own tomorrow.
              Last edited by DARKSEID; 10-11-2018, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Cuz the lady accused him of trying to break in....codes can be read....racist aint slick, they dumb & primitive.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
                  Come on man, really?

You think if he wasn't a black teenage male, he would have been judged as a criminal or a threat and that he would get shot at for ringing a doorbell?

Really?
                  So you don't know. You just talked crap. Isn't possible that the shooter is mentally ill only and not a racist?

Stop throwing fuel on a fire that might not be there.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                    Cuz the lady accused him of trying to break in....codes can be read....racist aint slick, they dumb & primitive.
                    Errmmm. Did you not read that they had had a lot of break-ins? How is that related to the poor kid being black?

Again. Stop throwing fuel where you don't know there's a fire.

Comment

Working...
                    X