No announcement yet.

Do you have a Job or a Career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have a Job or a Career?

Im 34, I work for the Federal Government, some may call it a career like I used to BUT I just realized I HAVE A JOB.

I get up early @0430 (I hate waking up early) I commute to work, listen to egotistical people complain all day, go to lunch for 30mins, then go home. My pay is the same every 2 weeks & there will always be a limit on my pay.

BASICALLY I feel like one of those guys you walk past in the office and ask, "hows your day?" And they reply, "Same s.h.i.t./different day!"

Anyways, any of you do something you truly love and can call it a career? Or any cool jobs out there?

Look at it this way bro, u have a job, food, roof over ur head. I use to work in downtown L.A. and pass by skidrow u see lawyers and professionals there living in the streets. No joke life is hard and it's tough out there.

Comment

Originally posted by FRANKIE420247 View Post
      Look at it this way bro, u have a job, food, roof over ur head. I use to work in downtown L.A. and pass by skidrow u see lawyers and professionals there living in the streets. No joke life is hard and it's tough out there.
      Lol. No lawyer is living there bro. Why you gotta go over board with that shyt. EVEN average lawyers from average law schools today can still make at least 60k. No lawyer is broke these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        Im 34, I work for the Federal Government, some may call it a career like I used to BUT I just realized I HAVE A JOB.

I get up early @0430 (I hate waking up early) I commute to work, listen to egotistical people complain all day, go to lunch for 30mins, then go home. My pay is the same every 2 weeks & there will always be a limit on my pay.

BASICALLY I feel like one of those guys you walk past in the office and ask, "hows your day?" And they reply, "Same s.h.i.t./different day!"

Anyways, any of you do something you truly love and can call it a career? Or any cool jobs out there?

My job is a career. I can easily make 350k+ within a few more years and only work 4 hours a day(hard). I love what I do and when I walk into big corporate offices to sell my product and my company, I feel like that guy in The Big Short(the guy who goes in presenting his shyt and asking people if they smell money)

The only negative is I have to network and depend on others to refer me business, since I hate cold calling CEO'S and CFO'S.

Comment

Everything is just a job. People just love to sh^t on certain jobs & its not like other jobs aren't easier for some people or pay better or have more perks or w/e. But we as humans love to make sh^t more complicated then it is sometimes. Its all work. Everything is just a job.

Plus people who call their job a career usually tend to be the people who define themselves the most by their job which is some sh^t that would give me nightmares.

Not to mention everything is moving so fast your job or "career" could eventually, in all our life times, get taken over by a robot so there's just another reason your "career" is really just a job.

Comment

I have a job. I’m an engineer in huge vessels that travel around the world. I’m always far from home and family. One contract is 9 months long. Sometimes longer than that.

Everytime I sign a contract I wish it’ll be the last one.
            Compensation is very high though, you get to buy a house and car easier than most pinoys. But I really hate this job. Long distance relationship sucks. Working at sea sucks. Not to mention you miss all the important events and holidays as well.

I know I’m very blessed still doe

Comment

Originally posted by JasonBoxing View Post
              My job is a career. I can easily make 350k+ within a few more years and only work 4 hours a day(hard). I love what I do and when I walk into big corporate offices to sell my product and my company, I feel like that guy in The Big Short(the guy who goes in presenting his shyt and asking people if they smell money)

The only negative is I have to network and depend on others to refer me business, since I hate cold calling CEO'S and CFO'S.
              Wow. You are a big shot.

Comment

I get an allowance.

Comment

In 10 days, I知 only own.. so my career working for the man, getting yelled at by two bosses...

I知 trying my own thing, if it fails after 4 years. I値l humbly beg for my old job back, probably at a pay cut.

I don稚 plan to fail. Let痴 see, anything can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                    I have a job. I知 an engineer in huge vessels that travel around the world. I知 always far from home and family. One contract is 9 months long. Sometimes longer than that.

Everytime I sign a contract I wish it値l be the last one.
                    Compensation is very high though, you get to buy a house and car easier than most pinoys. But I really hate this job. Long distance relationship sucks. Working at sea sucks. Not to mention you miss all the important events and holidays as well.

I know I知 very blessed still doe

Is "seasickness" a prevalent thing on ships like that? Not like throwing up and feeling sick, but a psychological thing like getting a claustrophobic type of feeling after being on a ship so long?

Comment

Working...
                    X