White female police officer murders black man in his own home

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
    I retired from LE.

Reasonable force is a common term. The amount of force necessary to protect oneself or one's property.

Reasonable force is a term associated with defending one's person or property from a violent attack, theft, or other type of unlawful aggression. It may be used as a defense in a criminal trial or to defend oneself in a suit alleging tortious conduct.

If one uses excessive force, or more than the force necessary for such protection, he or she may be considered to have forfeited the right to defense.

Reasonable force is also known as legal force.

A person is generally justified in using force that is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm if the person reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

The person is also generally justified in using such extreme force to prevent or terminate another's unlawful entry into or attack upon a dwelling, if: (1) the entry is made or attempted in a violent manner and he reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent personal violence to himself or another then in the dwelling, or (2) he reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent the commission of a felony in the dwelling.

I don't know all the facts but it seems to me she used excessive force! JMHO.
    Wouldn't the fact someone was in their place, not listening to them & maybe walking towards them as enough of a threat to shoot someone?

Granted in this situation she claims to be unaware she wasn't in her own place so its a whole other thing with that angle & a degree of difficulty for her lawyer, but beyond that I know if I had someone in my house, they weren't listening to me & they weren't standing still then I'd probably f#cking shoot them.

Without all the crazy sh^t involved in this case specifically that would seem like grounds to shoot someone to me & not excessive at all.

And randomly one thing with this thats weird to me is in this specific scenario she wasn't even a cop really despite people acting like this is a cop shooting. I mean okay she's a cop, but this shooting wasn't done in the context of her duties as a cop. She was basically a private citizen who happened to have a gun who thought her residence was broken into. Seems like a lot of people are making this out like its some new "cops shoots black guy unjustly thing". Its more like "private citizen shoots black guy unjustly thing". Obviously a bit of semantics here, but it seems to be something going over most peoples head all the same or something no one cares about yet & its odd people can't realize this situation is a lil different then most of these shootings its being compared with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zero Delay View Post
      I’m inclined not to believe her story. Even if the door was the same design and the floor looked the same, even walking into someone else’s home smells different to your own. She had some altercation with him and decided to shoot.
      The only thing questionable about her story to me is the door (& the let me in yelling someone heard thats alleged to be this lady). Then again I've had more than 1 situation with those hotel computer chipped doors that would lead me to believe its within the realm of possibility this guys door wasn't working properly &/or malfunctioned which these apt computer chipped doors seem similar to so idk if thats something thats questionable or not 100% based on knowing that.

I know if I walked into my place & I seen someone in there & they weren't listening to me & they may or may not have been or seemed like they were walking towards me I would probably shoot their f#cking ass if I had a gun. The problem for her is this wasn't her f#cking apartment. But I see no indication there was anything else going on here previously or in the moment that led to this situation despite all these conspiracy theories floating around. Its just some freak ass sh^tshow of a situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by NarcosMaidana View Post
        I have not been following this story but does the police lady live in the same apartment complex as the guy that got shot?
        She lived exactly one floor down from this guy.

Comment

• If it comes out this girl had a beef with this guy then roast her.

Until then I'll wait for all the FACTS to come out. Either way shes looking at manslaughter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            The only thing questionable about her story to me is the door (& the let me in yelling someone heard thats alleged to be this lady). Then again I've had more than 1 situation with those hotel computer chipped doors that would lead me to believe its within the realm of possibility this guys door wasn't working properly &/or malfunctioned which these apt computer chipped doors seem similar to so idk if thats something thats questionable or not 100% based on knowing that.

I know if I walked into my place & I seen someone in there & they weren't listening to me & they may or may not have been or seemed like they were walking towards me I would probably shoot their f#cking ass if I had a gun. The problem for her is this wasn't her f#cking apartment. But I see no indication there was anything else going on here previously or in the moment that led to this situation despite all these conspiracy theories floating around. Its just some freak ass sh^tshow of a situation.
            You dont find it questionable that she doesnt recognize her own apartment?

The doormat, the smell, the lights, decor, furniture...

Even if the layout is similar, I will never get that part.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              She lived exactly one floor down from this guy.
              That clear things up a bit. When i first heard about this story, the rumors was that she was dating that black guy and she didn't want her current boyfriend to find out so she went over to his house and murdered him and made up a story to cover that up.

But now that it's been brought to my attention that she lives in that same complex as him then maybe it was a simple mistake? If they were fooling around with each other then im sure neighbors would have saw her at his place in the past before?

Comment

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
                You dont find it questionable that she doesnt recognize her own apartment?

The doormat, the smell, the lights, decor, furniture...

Even if the layout is similar, I will never get that part.
                Look at it this way, you go into your house (with the mindset thinking that it's your house), you open the door and was confronted by a man standing there. Your first initial thought is not gonna be "wait this is not my house". your first reaction would be either rush the person in that house or turn around and run away. she happens to have a gun on her so running was not an option here.

Think of it like this, when you're coming home from work or just a night out, you're tired, the thought of going into the wrong house will never enter your mind. So if you happen to open the door and is confronted by someone else, you're not gonna have time to re-think if you enter the wrong house (when in your mind, you're entering your home).

Comment

• Everyone is talking about this from the cop's perspective, what about the dead man's and his family's perspective?

He is in his apartment, it's dark, someone just broke in. he's scrambling for his life, scared and startled, the person that broke in allegedly yells out but its dark so are you going to think its a cop in that situation and listen?

then gets shot twice and killed. His family watches as the killer is allowed to remain free, unarrested, and given every chance to spin a tale and change the actual facts such that she gets the benefit of the doubt.

Perhaps since almost all of us are regular citizens like the victim and not cops, maybe we should try to look at this from his perspective.

Comment

• Originally posted by NarcosMaidana View Post
                    Look at it this way, you go into your house (with the mindset thinking that it's your house), you open the door and was confronted by a man standing there. Your first initial thought is not gonna be "wait this is not my house". your first reaction would be either rush the person in that house or turn around and run away. she happens to have a gun on her so running was not an option here.

Think of it like this, when you're coming home from work or just a night out, you're tired, the thought of going into the wrong house will never enter your mind. So if you happen to open the door and is confronted by someone else, you're not gonna have time to re-think if you enter the wrong house (when in your mind, you're entering your home).
                    Thats the thing, those would not be my reactions to this situation.

Look, she had the gun and he was unarmed, so its a pretty safe bet that he didnt rush towards her in any way. Someone pulls a gun on you what are you gonna do? cover up and beg not to shoot probably, even if you in your own house. But he didnt follow her instructions, ok. If she took the time to pull out, give instructions, see how he responds, all this time and theres no indications in her field of vision or her other senses or whatever that maybe she is in the wrong place? Maybe from his reaction?

Doesnt add up man.

Comment

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
                      Thats the thing, those would not be my reactions to this situation.

Look, she had the gun and he was unarmed, so its a pretty safe bet that he didnt rush towards her in any way. Someone pulls a gun on you what are you gonna do? cover up and beg not to shoot probably, even if you in your own house. But he didnt follow her instructions, ok. If she took the time to pull out, give instructions, see how he responds, all this time and theres no indications in her field of vision or her other senses or whatever that maybe she is in the wrong place? Maybe from his reaction?

Doesnt add up man.
                      I dont know about you, but every time i pull up to my driveway, i am never thinking dont go into the wrong house. That thought never enter my mind because it's not like you go into the wrong house often.

When i pull up to my house, there's a million thoughts running through my mind about what i am gonna do when i get inside. Now imagine you're thinking "i need to hurry up and get inside to use the bathroom", then you open the door and someone is standing there, you're not gonna think you enter the wrong house.

For this instance here, the guy inside his house when the lady came in, the guy inside the house was probably spooked thinking someone is coming to rob him. So the guy probably approach the lady in an aggressive way (since he's probably thinking something bad is gonna happen to him). And since the lady thinks she's in her house and an aggressive man is charging at her, she has no choice but to shoot.

Comment

Working...
                      X