Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got booked as a secondary character on upcoming tv show(very let down by the money)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got booked as a secondary character on upcoming tv show(very let down by the money)

Just got a notice from my agent that I got the role of a secondary character on a upcoming TV Show. I will be there for the entire season.

Very let down by the money. I started auditioning as a second job because I thought it was bank. I guess I was delusional.

My impression was that even secondary characters on mid level TV Shows will get like millions. Lol.

Agent told me only Game of Thrones Level command that kind of cash.

Originally posted by JasonBoxing View Post
    Just got a notice from my agent that I got the role of a secondary character on a upcoming TV Show. I will be there for the entire season.

Very let down by the money. I started auditioning as a second job because I thought it was bank. I guess I was delusional.

My impression was that even secondary characters on mid level TV Shows will get like millions. Lol.

Must be a cable show. Network shows get paid

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Yes it is.

That took 850 auditions. Before people saying that's loser numbers, I know guys who been to 10,000 auditions and never got anything outside of a commercial.

I'm going to quit acting gig after this. It doesn't make sense to give up a high income job to make LESS MONEY in the hopes of making millions one day......

Comment

Yes it is.

That took 850 auditions. Before people saying that's loser numbers, I know guys who been to 10,000 auditions and never got anything outside of a commercial.

I'm going to quit acting gig after this. It doesn't make sense to give up a high income job to make LESS MONEY in the hopes of making millions one day......
        How much did they offer you?

Comment

Yes it is.

No it doesn't make sense on the surface but you'll never make millions acting if you don't try. All you'll be left with are regrets. You do not want to live your life thinking "what if". I'm not telling you to quit your job but as long as you know you have that steady income coming in you'll always lean on that instead of taking the big risk that comes with the big reward.

Comment

Damn. Dont give up so easy. May open doors for ya. What show?

Comment

Secondary characters doe?

Idk about that. I mean obviously network>cable, but secondary characters even on a a network show don't usually make a mill a year or more I don't think.

Sh^t those mfers from Friends only made half a mill the first season & they were the stars. Granted that was awhile back & inflation & all that, but I'm sure there are stars of shows on networks now making similar money & certainly secondary actors would be lucky to make half a mill/year I'd assume.

Comment

Stick it out... you got a SAG card.. with credits... you doing great... in my opinion...

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Secondary characters doe?

Idk about that. I mean obviously network>cable, but secondary characters even on a a network show don't usually make a mill a year or more I don't think.

Sh^t those mfers from Friends only made half a mill the first season & they were the stars. Granted that was awhile back & inflation & all that, but I'm sure there are stars of shows on networks now making similar money & certainly secondary actors would be lucky to make half a mill/year I'd assume.
                  A secondary character would be somebody like Cole or Pam on Martin?

Comment

A secondary character would be somebody like Cole or Pam on Martin?
                    Yea. Supporting actors basically.

Comment

Working...
                    X