No announcement yet.

Official Judge Kavanaugh confirmed to the Supreme Court

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
    Sorry it's taken so long, but this is what you said...

I'm sorry, but I see this as you saying we should just believe her, just because. Your only support is that Kavanaugh hasn't file a libel suit.

Why don't you apply the same standards to Ford? She hasn't filed a criminal charge, nor has she even filed a civil suit (much easier to win) against a man that she thought was going to rape her. She hasn't sued the man that affected her life so traimatically that she needs extra doors in rooms. She hasn't sued the man that affected her life so much she brought up allegations 35 years later. You can say he's guilty because he hasn't sued, but I guarantee you're going to argue when I say she's guilty because she hasn't sued
    Of course you see it like that. You and the others in this thread read a post from me and immediately go to the "white male victim" (for lack of a better term no offense intended) interpretation rather than just interpret the post as written.

Then when another poster with the opposite view posts something, you don't look for some deeper or hidden meaning. Perhaps if you would simply respond to the post rather than immediately interpret it in the worst possible way, there wouldn't be so much of an issue.

edit: I never said to believe her just because. I posted I found them both credible, which is why I wanted a full investigation to see who was actually lying because I found it impossible for both Ford and Kavanuagh to be telling the truth.

I did apply it to Ford in several posts. She couldn't file criminal charges, a Prosecutor needs to. What would she sue him for?

I never posted or implied he was guilty because he didn't sue. I made a factual observation based on how I would react if I was in his position.

Comment

Sorry it's taken so long, but this is what you said...

I'm sorry, but I see this as you saying we should just believe her, just because. Your only support is that Kavanaugh hasn't file a libel suit.

Why don't you apply the same standards to Ford? She hasn't filed a criminal charge, nor has she even filed a civil suit (much easier to win) against a man that she thought was going to rape her. She hasn't sued the man that affected her life so traimatically that she needs extra doors in rooms. She hasn't sued the man that affected her life so much she brought up allegations 35 years later. You can say he's guilty because he hasn't sued, but I guarantee you're going to argue when I say she's guilty because she hasn't sued
      His response will be a long-winded 'Go! Team! Go!' and nothing more.

Ford is Team D player/pawn, so she is credible. Never mind the fact that the witnesses SHE named didnt back her story with their witness statements, she still has credibility in the eyes of D superfans.

Team loyalty > witness statements

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Of course you see it like that. You and the others in this thread read a post from me and immediately go to the "white male victim" (for lack of a better term no offense intended) interpretation rather than just interpret the post as written.

Then when another poster with the opposite view posts something, you don't look for some deeper or hidden meaning. Perhaps if you would simply respond to the post rather than immediately interpret it in the worst possible way, there wouldn't be so much of an issue.

edit: I never said to believe her just because. I posted I found them both credible, which is why I wanted a full investigation to see who was actually lying because I found it impossible for both Ford and Kavanuagh to be telling the truth.

I did apply it to Ford in several posts. She couldn't file criminal charges, a Prosecutor needs to. What would she sue him for?

I never posted or implied he was guilty because he didn't sue. I made a factual observation based on how I would react if I was in his position.
        Real quick. Knock the race BS off. I cited the allegation against Clarence Thomas in my position, so it should be real fůcking clear that I'm not just thinking about the white man. How many black men have been on Maury falsely accused of sexual acts, like fathering babies?

Gtfoh with that racist sh it.

The bottom line is the post I keep quoting only has you saying you believe her, with the only "truth" cited to support this is his lack of filing a suit.

I'll get to jurisprudence later today...

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          His response will be a long-winded 'Go! Team! Go!' and nothing more.

Ford is Team D player/pawn, so she is credible. Never mind the fact that the witnesses SHE named didnt back her story with their witness statements, she still has credibility in the eyes of D superfans.

Team loyalty > witness statements
          The double standard is glaring

Comment

Real quick. Knock the race BS off. I cited the allegation against Clarence Thomas in my position, so it should be real fůcking clear that I'm not just thinking about the white man. How many black men have been on Maury falsely accused of sexual acts, like fathering babies?

Gtfoh with that racist sh it.

The bottom line is the post I keep quoting only has you saying you believe her, with the only "truth" cited to support this is his lack of filing a suit.

I'll get to jurisprudence later today...
            I posted for lack of a better term. It's clear it wasn't racist.

Once again I never posted anything like that. I cited an observation based on how I would react. You keep trying to make it something it isn't.

There is no double standard. You just don't like me pointing this out because it makes anyone neutral question Kavanuagh's credibility.
            Last edited by The Big Dunn; 10-10-2018, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• Remember when Trump accused Obama of having a fake birth certificate?

Watch this...
              Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Now that Obama has been re-elected, rational minds can prevail. There is no way you honestly think Trump or Hilliary Clinton made this stuff up.

If there was any evidence that these people lied about a sitting U.S. President he'd sue them for libel and they'd be prosecuted for perjury. The powers that be wouldn't just let it "fade into bolivian", to quote Tyson.

Neither has happened yet and I doubt either happens as the whole sordid thing gets put behind us.

We have 2 truths:

1. Obama just got re-elected as U.S. President
              2. None of the accusers have been sued for libel

Comment

The double standard is expected.
                Fixed that for ya!

Comment

Remember when Trump accused Obama of having a fake birth certificate?

Watch this...
                  You will get some high fives from some idiot Trumpers for this but I don't take this post seriously.

Comment

Remember when Trump accused Obama of having a fake birth certificate?

Watch this...
                    Very, very well played there.

Superfans are so fun to do that to, though they quickly get boring and repetitive.

But yes, according to his own logic Obama must be born in Kenya as he didnt sue Trump for making the charge.

Gotta love it when superfan logic bites the superfan himself in the butt.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      I posted for lack of a better term. It's clear it wasn't racist.

Once again I never posted anything like that. I cited an observation based on how I would react. You keep trying to make it something it isn't.

There is no double standard. You just don't like me pointing this out because it makes anyone neutral question Kavanuagh's credibility.
                      An observation based on how you would act is not a truth. You're trying to pass your opinion off as fact.

The fact that no lawsuit has been filed does not directly correlate to either of their innocence

Comment

Working...
                      X