Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it okay to be proud of your heritage and race?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm proud to be European American. I just wish their wasn't so much racism against my fellow crackas. We actually were kings and ****, had great teachings, philosophies, technologies, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      when have you seen anybody who wasn't racist talking about white pride or empowerment?

it is the only reason to be proud of being white and the history of that racial distinction. this is the race that's responsible for a hell of a lot of colonization and genocide.

and of course, they now worry about races mixing . didnt' worry about it when they took over entire continents for slave labor and resources.

white pride doe
      Originally posted by EdWins View Post
      nobody is saying you are guilty of anything. But the fact remains: The KKK and Neo Nazis have terrorized people of color for generations and their slogans were white power/white pride.... therefor it is mot appropriate to say that. If it was POC who terrorized whites and said "Brown Power" or whatever then we wouldn't be allowed to say it either, but WE are the victims. We never burned crosses on white peoples front yards and lynched yall come on....
      These are all good points, but I have an honest question; why do some only connect racism to things that have happened in the last few hundred years & only in the USA? How long is a grudge held, why pick & choose which one to keep?

Why separate the conquest of the America's from the conquest of any other culture throughout history? It was a war after all, just like most all wars are over land & expansion. Didn't the Mongols conquer more land than any civ in history? Yet none seem to care? What about the Greeks & Spanish (somehow these are lumped into Caucasian even though both Civ's were conquered & are descended for the most part from Ottomans & the Middle East)? What about Japanese & Chinese empires?

This brings up another point; more people have been persecuted & killed in the name of religion over any other reason...including racism, yet somehow it's ok to consider oneself a christian? What about all those atheists that want to hold a grudge because their ancestors were forced to convert or be tortured & slaughtered?

Don't you think color is simply an easy way to distinguish & separate oneself from others? I think most anyone can find some wrong perpetrated against them in the past, but how can I blame someone for the misguided actions of others? I'm no scholar & am sure there's others here far more knowledgeable than myself, I often see it used as crutch is all I'm saying.

Not going to list them all, but interesting list to help understand history if so inclined.
      Genocide, ethnic cleansing, and mass ethnic/religious persecution

Mongol conquests 34,000,000
      European colonization of the Americas 34,000,000
      Spanish colonization of the Americas 32,000,000
      Spanish conquest of the Aztec Empire 24,000,000
      Holocaust 7,000,000
      Japanese war crimes 14,000,000
      Khmer Rouge Killing Fields 3,400,000
      Genocide of Native Americans 2,000,000
      Armenian Genocide 1,500,000
      Rwandan genocide 1,500,000
      Mass killings of landlords under Mao Zedong 28,000,000
      Laogai "reform through labor" system 27,000,000
      Atlantic Slave Trade 11,500,000
      European enslavement under the Ottoman Turks 11,000,000
      Muslim slave trade of Africans 4,500,000

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the matter.
      Last edited by S7V7N; 09-13-2018, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Yes, except if you are a white American. Then you are an evil racist fascist

Comment

Is it okay to be proud of your heritage and race?

Yes, except for white people, because they're the KKK joining, cross burning, mass shooting racist devils.

Comment

Originally posted by S7V7N View Post
            These are all good points, but I have an honest question; why do some only connect racism to things that have happened in the last few hundred years & only in the USA? How long is a grudge held, why pick & choose which one to keep?
            Im curious as to what you mean by that.

Who only connects racism only to the USA and who is holding a grudge?

Comment

Working...
            X