No announcement yet.

Ca has lost its mind

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Ca has lost its mind

CALIFORNIA GOV. BROWN SIGNS LANDMARK BILL TO ELIMINATE BAIL FOR SUSPECTS AWAITING TRIAL
    https://abc7.com/amp/politics/brown-...mpression=true

Most suspects arrested for nonviolent misdemeanors will be released within 12 hours of being booked under the new law. Those facing serious, violent felonies will not be eligible for pretrial release.
    Actually, this doesn't sound totally crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
      Actually, this doesn't sound that crazy.
      This is just one of many issues with whats going on. They are releasing people left and right because they are trying to cut money from the system.

Comment

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...474234543.html

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
          This is just one of many issues with whats going on. They are releasing people left and right because they are trying to cut money from the system.
          Care to elaborate? lol

I'll give you that I don't support their decriminalization of spreading HIV. Granted that the repealed law was pretty much always used on hookers.

Comment

If they are non-violent misdemeanors I don't see the harm. Probably better not to clog up holding cells with non-violent offenders who can't make bail. This goes to show just how many serious criminals are overwhelming the system that they haven't got space for anyone outside of violent offenders.

Comment

governments dont spend anywhere enough on prisons in my opinion. if i was in charge you'd be looking at least 25 percent of GDP on the prison service. get the scum off the streets and get them locked up. And if we stopped giving handmeouts to the freeloaders then there'd be plenty of money left for everyone else. Those who are unwilling to work wont be eating, thats their choice.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                If they are non-violent misdemeanors I don't see the harm. Probably better not to clog up holding cells with non-violent offenders who can't make bail. This goes to show just how many serious criminals are overwhelming the system that they haven't got space for anyone outside of violent offenders.
                The problem is where does that end? I mean if you have someone that breaks into cars and houses and steals your stuff do you want them back on the street? If someone is a druggie and is trying to get a fix and doing whatever they can do you want them on the street?

Whats a non violent crime that you would be ok releasing? Maybe something like parking tix or something. But I cant think of anything else you would go to jail for that would be ok releasing them.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
                  The problem is where does that end? I mean if you have someone that breaks into cars and houses and steals your stuff do you want them back on the street? If someone is a druggie and is trying to get a fix and doing whatever they can do you want them on the street?

Whats a non violent crime that you would be ok releasing? Maybe something like parking tix or something. But I cant think of anything else you would go to jail for that would be ok releasing them.
                  I think crimes such as shoplifting, traffic infractions, DUI, underage drinking, selling weed, petty theft, and the like can release offenders without a bail. Make it a summons and court appearance.

Comment

Brown just put a bunch of Bail agents out of work

Comment

Working...
                    X