No announcement yet.

Ca has lost its mind

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Madison View Post
    governments dont spend anywhere enough on prisons in my opinion. if i was in charge you'd be looking at least 25 percent of GDP on the prison service. get the scum off the streets and get them locked up. And if we stopped giving handmeouts to the freeloaders then there'd be plenty of money left for everyone else. Those who are unwilling to work wont be eating, thats their choice.
    you would actually be spending more because they would be committing crimes and living off of tax payers anyway

Comment

More people who don’t live in CA complaining about CA. Who the hell is this guy? Is this an alt?

Comment

Originally posted by racer59 View Post
        More people who don’t live in CA complaining about CA. Who the hell is this guy? Is this an alt?
        Yes I loved from CA because of this kind of ****. Now more Cali people are leaving because of this kind of drama. My state is packed.
        WTF is a alt? Like alt right?

Comment

California first state to end bail

Did you guys hear about this?

Pretty interesting.

Any of you live in Cali who can speak more to this?

"Under the California law those arrested and charged with a crime won't be putting up money or borrowing it from a bail bond agent to obtain their release. Instead, local courts will decide who to keep in custody and whom to release while they await trial. Those decisions will be based on an algorithm created by the courts in each jurisdiction."

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/28/64279...-end-cash-bail

Comment

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
            Did you guys hear about this?

Pretty interesting.

Any of you live in Cali who can speak more to this?

"Under the California law those arrested and charged with a crime won't be putting up money or borrowing it from a bail bond agent to obtain their release. Instead, local courts will decide who to keep in custody and whom to release while they await trial. Those decisions will be based on an algorithm created by the courts in each jurisdiction."

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/28/64279...-end-cash-bail
            My understanding is that most who will be on trial for nonviolent misdemeanors will be released and that those on trial for violent felonies will not be eligible for release.

For other crimes I believe they will be trying to assess the risk of the person fleeing or committing a crime until they get a trial via some algorithm derived from data they have from previous times people were out on bail.

Not sure about the specific details, some transparency from CA would be appreciated.
            Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 08-29-2018, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X