Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was the Rock more popular than Stone Cold during the Attitude era?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by black.ink View Post
    Austin was probably the biggest wrestling draw of all-time when he was active. The Rock did carry the company when Austin had his long term injury circa 2000/01-ish, but wasn't quite as popular.

The Rock is among the top 5 draws of all-time though, and to have 2 of the biggest superstars at the same time, at the peak of pro-wrestling was what still gives me a nostalgic turn to tune in now and again to the current stuff, but it just doesn't resonate anymore.

While i agree that Austin was indeed more popular, you have to remember that WM17 was in Austins territory, Texas.
    I totally forgot about that. I wonder what WWF was thinking turning Austin heel in his home state?

Comment

Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
      I was in junior high during the peak Attitude years 97-00 and no one had bigger pop in pro wrestling than Stone Cold. I remember we would randomly try and hit guys with the stone cold stunner in the hallways before/after lunch, and during gym.

SCSA had one rival (pop-wise) at that time IMO, and it was Goldberg during his "undefeated" run
      Good shout I enjoyed watching goldberg,actually winded a kid in school when I was younger using goldbergs spear move lol.

Comment

no stats don't lie Austin was/is the biggest draw of all time. But the rock was almost at the same level but way more successful than austin overall outside the ring no doubt about that.

Comment

No..

Austin was the top dog during attitude era.

Rock became equal or greater around wrestlemania 18-19, but Austin was much bigger Star from 97-02

Rock was getting movie roles and the match at wrestlemania with hogan, while Austin walked out of the company, that’s about when rock became a true superstar on par or bigger than Austin, and now most certainly is a bigger star than Austin

Comment

Working...
          X