Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any immigration experts here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to know a lot about it but a lot has changed and it has been many years since I came to this country,

from Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      How did she sponsor him?
      Does she own a business?
      He would have to get an H-1B visa.

Obesey, get all the facts straight and get back to me because what you are saying seems like mumbo jumbo.
      Everybody that comes over here on a visa needs a sponsor who will be responsible for them and its been like that for a long time

Thus how were you able to visit here and not know anything about it?

Comment

https://www.fileright.com/blog/how-l...ss-take-video/

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
          Figure it out asswipe! Google it or something. I already said I don’t know the ins and outs of it.

My facts are straight though. Dudes legal now.
          I know what I am saying.

Only a job or marriage can get him a green card. So ask her what she means by sponsored him.

Comment

Originally posted by maracho View Post
            Everybody that comes over here on a visa needs a sponsor who will be responsible for them and its been like that for a long time

Thus how were you able to visit here and not know anything about it?
            I have never heard about this sponsor stuff. I am familiar with visitor's visa or student visa.
            No regular person(MEGA's daughter) can sponsor someone to get a green card unless through marriage.

Comment

In my experience it's very tough to get into the states. I worked at an american bank in london and even trying to get a lateral move stateside was difficult as the team in ny had to prove why they couldn't get an american to do the job. Most of my friends who ended up making the move did so through marriage, and even then the beauracratic process involved made it very easy to spot fake arrangements etc. Going through Canada used to be a viable option as well, but i here they are also stamping down on immigration.

Comment

Originally posted by 01samuelc View Post
                In my experience it's very tough to get into the states. I worked at an american bank in london and even trying to get a lateral move stateside was difficult as the team in ny had to prove why they couldn't get an american to do the job. Most of my friends who ended up making the move did so through marriage, and even then the beauracratic process involved made it very easy to spot fake arrangements etc. Going through Canada used to be a viable option as well, but i here they are also stamping down on immigration.
                This guy knows what's up too.

You ever heard of a private American sponsoring an immigrant to citizenship?

Comment

This guy knows what's up too.

You ever heard of a private American sponsoring an immigrant to citizenship?
                  Not sure, but like my cousin who is a lawyer in the states told me when i asked him how to make the move "Just get married to a citizen bro". It's the easiest option. Failing that try and get a lateral move with a job if possible and i think in 4 years you get a green card.

Comment

Originally posted by 01samuelc View Post
                    Not sure, but like my cousin who is a lawyer in the states told me when i asked him how to make the move "Just get married to a citizen bro". It's the easiest option.
                    I know, man.

But some ignorant Americans are saying a private citizen can just sponsor an immigrant for green card but I have never heard that. That's not how it works.

Comment

I know, man.

But some ignorant Americans are saying a private citizen can just sponsor an immigrant for green card but I have never heard that. That's not how it works.
                      Interesting. I know some dodgy guys who tried to exploit all the rules to make the move and if it was a thing they would have been on that lol

Comment

Working...
                      X