• Time
  • Show
Clear All

They certainly don’t get enough credits

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
        Hitler could've made a million more mistakes and still as$ raped Western Europe and repelled USA forces if he had not engaged in a war with the Soviet Union.
        And? he could have Ass raped Russia if he did not engage in a war with Western Europe first.. The guy spread himself to thin fighting on multiple fronts

Russia suffered horrible loses (that kind of stuff happens when you send people in without weaponary).. But to say they were 90℅ of the reason Hitler lost the war is dumb

Comment

I watched these videos recently and they are excellent. Very accurate information done in a concise and fun way. Pretty much sums up what I learned in my 12th grade world history class in minutes.

Comment

It always trips me out the tech they came up with back then. I see us copying things the Germans did back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
              I agree, if you changed the thread title to "Invading Russia was the reason Hitler lost WWII". Nazi Germany and Soviet Union had a non-aggression pact between themselves. Had Hitler not invaded, and kept his forces in the West to face the inevitable Allied invasion, history would be very different.

No argument that, next to Poland, the Soviet Union suffered incredibly during WWII. Poland may have had a worse time because Hitler intended to exterminate the entire population. Percentage wise, Poland may be on top of your list.
              Wasn't one of the bigger reasons Hitler refused to refuel APC's, tanks and what not, in the decision to just keep trudging toward St. Petersburg? Or were the tracks getting stuck in the muck anyways considering it was the warmer months when they began?
              I know the German infantry was WAY under dressed for a Russian winter.

Comment

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
                Sure they did. They took half of Germany and so came the iron curtain. But it's hard to honor the Soviet Union because what they did to the occupied populations like Western Germany was disgusting.

Comment

Big part sure.

90%? Nah.

Allied strategic bombing hurt german manufacturing. Soviets weren't part of that.

Also british/American tanks and most fighters given to the soviets during lend lease were pretty worthless.

Soviets had some good tanks and fighters.

But...... they got a crap load of trucks from america. A ton load.

Without those trucks..... the Soviet advance to Germany would've been slower.

Also American and British actions in the Mediterranean (north africa, italy, greece, etc.) tied down and wasted a lot of German resources that could've been at the eastern front.

Same thing if Britain made a deal with Hitler (something stalin did). All those resources of the Atlantic wall, battle of Britain, defending from strategic bombers, German navy campaign.....

All would've helped on the eastern front.

Comment

Soviets did their part.

But still **** them.

1. They made a deal with Hitler and worked with Nazis to invade poland.

2. Some in eastern Europe was no better off under soviets than under hitler. Hell some were better off under hitler.

Yes they suffered incredibly but blame stalins dumb ass. Hell stalin killed millions of soviets and eastern euros too.

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
                      Sure they did. They took half of Germany and so came the iron curtain. But it's hard to honor the Soviet Union because what they did to the occupied populations like Western Germany was disgusting.
                      interesting to know: such as?

wonder if thats one of the reasons, Germany still occupied by US. Americans just keep it peace in Germany, over them russians and muslims.
                      Last edited by Ogecca MaMa; 08-30-2018, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X