Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California's strict gun laws, the Black Panthers, and Ronald Reagan...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California's strict gun laws, the Black Panthers, and Ronald Reagan...

Unfortunately yesterday I was sick so I didn't get to really enjoy my 4th of July, while everyone was at the pool I was laying down watching Netflix documentaries.

Anyways I watched a documentary about the Black Panthers. Interestingly, I never knew that the Panthers began because African Americans were exercising their 2nd Amendment rights. What I also didn't know that it was good ole Ronald Reagan (then Ca Governor) that made such tight gun laws in California because of the Panthers.

With all the identity politics going on these days, I find this piece of history amusing. In the 60's a progressive group such as the Black Panthers fighting for their gun rights and a Conservative like Reagan banning certain guns and adding restrictions to who can and cannot bear arms.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    Unfortunately yesterday I was sick so I didn't get to really enjoy my 4th of July, while everyone was at the pool I was laying down watching Netflix documentaries.

Anyways I watched a documentary about the Black Panthers. Interestingly, I never knew that the Panthers began because African Americans were exercising their 2nd Amendment rights. What I also didn't know that it was good ole Ronald Reagan (then Ca Governor) that made such tight gun laws in California because of the Panthers.

With all the identity politics going on these days, I find this piece of history amusing. In the 60's a progressive group such as the Black Panthers fighting for their gun rights and a Conservative like Reagan banning certain guns and adding restrictions to who can and cannot bear arms.

Thoughts?
    It's simple. Regan inacted the weapons ban out of fear. Fear that those individuals being oppressed were going to exact revenge. And all other politicians that were in attendance when the BPP marched up to Sacramento strapped, most likely siht on themselves. The same identity politics go on today. Focus all attention on people of color while the remaining population roames free and without suspicion. Free to do whatever comes to mind with no worries. And if they become uncomfortable, call the police. While It's a matter of life or death for me, as I must think before I act no matter the circumstances or what I do. Still because one group is uncomfortable, the focus remains on me.
    When is this ignorance going to stop. Guns and gun laws aren't the problem. The problem is the color of of the hand holding gun and the treat level assigned is based on the same ignorance.

Comment

Yeah it’s pretty ironic. The 2nd amendment was cool until the black panthers realized the law was meant for them too then it was a problem . Lol....when you get some time you should go on YouTube and look up Fred Hamptons defense speech in court. On YouTube. Kid was 19-20 and was such a threat to the fbi they had him assasinated.

Comment

Thoughts?
        Also it wasn't gun rights that was the genesis of the Panthers, it was about deterring police butality. You know the folks that are suppose to serve n protect, are the same people the Panthers were trying to protect the community from.

Comment

Originally posted by HAY-B View Post
          Also it wasn't gun rights that was the genesis of the Panthers, it was about deterring police butality. You know the folks that are suppose to serve n protect, are the same people the Panthers were trying to protect the community from.
          Pretty interesting stuff. If you think about it, the cell phone camera is todays way of offsetting police brutality but its often criticized as being fake news or not the whole story.

Comment

Originally posted by sidneycello View Post
            Yeah it’s pretty ironic. The 2nd amendment was cool until the black panthers realized the law was meant for them too then it was a problem . Lol....when you get some time you should go on YouTube and look up Fred Hamptons defense speech in court. On YouTube. Kid was 19-20 and was such a threat to the fbi they had him assasinated.
            Just skimmed through his Wikipedia, I will watch on youtube soon. Thanks!

Comment

Pretty interesting stuff. If you think about it, the cell phone camera is todays way of offsetting police brutality but its often criticized as being fake news or not the whole story.
              But it's always the same people calling it fake news or talking about the video doesn't show the entire event. From my point of view those individuals are die hard law enforcement supportors (notice I didn't say officers because I've found officers, not involved in the particular incident, quick to call a bad shot a bad shot), or racists. I don't know your ethinicity, but for me as a black man in America the whole police shooting subject is touchy.
              But it's something that needs to be discussed and rectified.

Comment

The Black Panthers were/are a domestic terrorist group veiled as civil rights activists. They and their splinter group, The Black Liberation Army, were responsible for dozens of killings of police officers during the late 60s through the 1970s.

https://progunfighter.com/murdered-b...lack-panthers/

Comment

Thoughts?
                  Reagan got scared when the black panther party in oak town, decided to stay strapped up, and protect their communities. Many white people were terrified, and Reagan created tight gun controls to rechain them dudes up, and disarm them.

Them dudes were way smarter and more eloquent than anti fascist phaggots we see now!

Comment

Working...
                  X