Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would be the fallout of Roe vs Wade overturn?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wont happen. Even the most conservative appointees tend to start leaning left once on the bench. No matter how much a hard headed right winger thinks hes right, the law is the law and there is liberalness to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
      In perfect Beaver Cleaver world that would be the case. Our world is far from the Beaver Cleaver world, though.
      You have more forms of birth control now than ever before. From condoms, birth control pills, iud, birth control shots, etc.. Not only that if you do have unprotected sex you can always get Plan B, up to 95% effective 3 days following sex. And say by some odd chance you still get pregnant, you can take what they call an "abortion" pill, where it flushes out the fertilized zygote before it even has the chance to grow any further.

These stupid nightmare scenarios of using hangers for back alley abortions is just asinine, and nothing but fear mongering. If abortion is outlawed, people, women in particular will be a lot more conscious and aware of not only choosing their mate but using the necessary protection to prevent any sort of accident. Abortion is a poor excuse, especially in a time when are are so many methods to prevent the pregnancy in the first place.

Now, I'm not completely against abortion in cases of rape or if the baby has an inherent terrible disease. I also understand it's a very tough call to make regardless for majority of women, and for them having that option available is their last safety net.
      Last edited by JimRaynor; 06-28-2018, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
        You really expect people to feel bad for women having sex without protection or out of wedlock, getting pregnant, and then terminating the life of their own child because _____<--- insert bull**** reason here?
        Actually Jim I expect people to mind their business. I don’t think you force any woman to give birth to a child if they don’t choose to.

Feel sorry for? No.

Have empathy for and understand that the decision to have an abortion is emotional, financial, physical, heart wrenching and life changing and not religious. Yes.

Comment

You have more forms of birth control now than ever before. From condoms, birth control pills, iud, birth control shots, etc.. Not only that if you do have unprotected sex you can always get Plan B, up to 95% effective 3 days following sex. And say by some odd chance you still get pregnant, you can take what they call an "abortion" pill, where it flushes out the fertilized zygote before it even has the chance to grow any further.

These stupid nightmare scenarios of using hangers for back alley abortions is just asinine, and nothing but fear mongering. If abortion is outlawed, people, women in particular will be a lot more conscious and aware of not only choosing their mate but using the necessary protection to prevent any sort of accident. Abortion is a poor excuse, especially in a time when are are so many methods to prevent the pregnancy in the first place.

Now, I'm not completely against abortion in cases of rape or if the baby has an inherent terrible disease. I also understand it's a very tough call to make regardless for majority of women, and for them having that option available is their last safety net.
          idk where you live

but in America, all of that is not easily accessible (especially in rural areas)

all forms of birth control should be easily available at low cost. after all, unwanted and uncared-for children often time, grow up to be tomorrow's problem citizen.

I don't understand why people care so much about what other people are doing to their bodies.

what I eat don't make you shyt

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Actually Jim I expect people to mind their business. I don’t think you force any woman to give birth to a child if they don’t choose to.

Feel sorry for? No.

Have empathy for and understand that the decision to have an abortion is emotional, financial, physical, heart wrenching and life changing and not religious. Yes.
            Sympathy yes, definitely would not want to find myself in that position, nor am I judging the woman who have found themselves in that position and opted for abortion, afterall, if its legal then they technically aren't in the wrong. But I outlined with my other post about the numerous forms of birth control, and even the Plan B pill and abortion pill following sex, meaning that pregnancy shouldn't be a problem for a woman to begin with. How people on the left not see the horror of inserting metal utensils into a womans uterus and chopping up the developing baby which in majority cases already has a heartbeat, spine, and forming brain is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
              idk where you live

but in America, all of that is not easily accessible (especially in rural areas)

all forms of birth control should be easily available at low cost. after all, unwanted and uncared-for children often time, grow up to be tomorrow's problem citizen.

I don't understand why people care so much about what other people are doing to their bodies.

what I eat don't make you shyt

What a libertarian approach. I guess you also don't care if a parent molests their own child, and beats their own wife, afterall what they eat don't make you shyt.

Comment

Sympathy yes, definitely would not want to find myself in that position, nor am I judging the woman who have found themselves in that position and opted for abortion, afterall, if its legal then they technically aren't in the wrong. But I outlined with my other post about the numerous forms of birth control, and even the Plan B pill and abortion pill following sex, meaning that pregnancy shouldn't be a problem for a woman to begin with. How people on the left not see the horror of inserting metal utensils into a womans uterus and chopping up the developing baby which in majority cases already has a heartbeat, spine, and forming brain is beyond me.
                I don’t think anyone on the left disagrees with what you posted, it just isn’t your concern what a woman does with her body. They think whatever your personal feeling the choice is that woman’s choice and you should stay out of it.

Comment

Then the same people so concerned about the lives of these unborn babies could care less about immigrant childrens' lives.

It's like people just take sides on issues rather than really thinking about them because they've already picked a team so their beliefs are all predetermined.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    I don’t think anyone on the left disagrees with what you posted, it just isn’t your concern what a woman does with her body. They think whatever your personal feeling the choice is that woman’s choice and you should stay out of it.
                    If she has another life growing in her, then it is no longer just her body. A baby is dependent on a mother long after birth. Before formula a mothers milk was necessary to keep the baby alive, so does that mean just because the baby is dependent on the mothers milk to survive a mother has the right to do whatever she wants with her body?

Comment

If she has another life growing in her, then it is no longer just her body. A baby is dependent on a mother long after birth. Before formula a mothers milk was necessary to keep the baby alive, so does that mean just because the baby is dependent on the mothers milk to survive a mother has the right to do whatever she wants with her body?
                      Yes it does. There is no way you should have any input on that decision.

But hey, it’s always interesting when you fiscal conservatives advocate for policy that costs society more money. Instead of having insurance pay for abortion let’s have taxpayers pay for the health costs related to back room abortions and the money to prosecute doctors and nurses.

Let’s force women to give birth and force them to have to spend the money necessary to House and raise said child. if she can’t afford it, cool because now the government programs you all hate are needed to raise said child.

Of course if they abandon the child then all the costs are on is the taxpayers in addition to the costs for all the problems associated with kids whose parents abandon them.

More money, more money, more money.

Brilliant.
                      Last edited by The Big Dunn; 06-28-2018, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X