No announcement yet.

Seattle Mayor to turn City Hall into Homeless Shelter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle Mayor to turn City Hall into Homeless Shelter

So their liberal mayor wants to allow hundreds of homeless to live in city hall, while a city council member suggested the city should pay for the homeless' heroin. Cannot make this up...

Every day the City of Seattle has another insane idea. Now they want to turn the lobby of Seattle City Hall into a homeless shelter. I am not joking about this.

This is where the City of Seattle does business, and you want to fill it with sleeping bags and tents, so you have to step over people? What are you going to do about the drug addiction that is part of most of these lives? What about the encampment at the King County Courthouse, where homeless people throw feces at jurors?

They spared little expense when they built this place, because of course our politicians have to have a palace to work in. It’s absolutely unbelievable that instead of saying they won’t tolerate vagrancy, they now want to trash this new building.

And what’s more, since the city has absolutely failed at dealing with this issue, Mayor Jenny Durkan’s idea is to have the whole region pay for Seattle’s failures. Now the Seattle government is just going to turn into panhandlers because they failed to get their life in order politically. They’re going to go hat in hand, to the other cities and counties and tell them to pay for Seattle’s mistakes.

Sally Bagshaw, the council member who last week suggested the city look into buying heroin for homeless addicts, is now alleging that Sea-Tac and Tukwila are driving their homeless people up here and dropping them off in Seattle. If they are, I don’t blame them one bit. Enforce vagrancy laws, get them out of your town. That’s public officials doing the right thing for their taxpayers. Seattle has just decided to allow vagrancy and drug use and people sleeping on the sidewalk — why wouldn’t Tukwila and Sea-Tac ship their homeless up here?

Seattle has created its own problems.

http://mynorthwest.com/1019845/city-...less-shelter/?

The best example they could make is to invite them to sleep in their homes. After all, why wouldn't you trust a homeless person to sleep in the same house as you and your family, they are people too right?

Comment

This is going to be fun to watch.

Comment

Simply pathetic, Drugs the ruination of any country. I really dislike talking politics but theses people that represent most of the city’s in America are the fringe lunatics tha have destroyed every city in America. Keep people Down & depending on the Government,
        that’s the Liberal way!!!! So sad.
        And that’s that

Comment

Where are all the lil SJW at????

Saiblo14 take a boat load to Jamaica. I think they’ll do much better in a warmer environment.

Comment

Just build them all cheap homes and give them food stamps. It's not that hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
              Just build them all cheap homes and give them food stamps. It's not that hard.
              It’s a good idea but not that simple, doing that you could create a slum and a place where crime is rife and a place where people can be easily taken advantage of. I don’t know the answer but something needs to be done, homelessness in the UK and North America is rising at crazy levels.

Imo it’s a lot to do with properly diagnosing acute mental health problems and the state supporting the treatment of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Kewl Hair View Post
                It’s a good idea but not that simple, doing that you could create a slum and a place where crime is rife and a place where people can be easily taken advantage of. I don’t know the answer but something needs to be done, homelessness in the UK and North America is rising at crazy levels.

Imo it’s a lot to do with properly diagnosing acute mental health problems and the state supporting the treatment of them.
                Creating Hoovervilles is not a viable solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Kewl Hair View Post

I think wages not keeping up with innovations in industry is a big cause of it. CEOs and owners take all the gains from these innovations and leave the little worker pawns out to dry.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                    I think wages not keeping up with innovations in industry is a big cause of it. CEOs and owners take all the gains from these innovations and leave the little worker pawns out to dry.
                    I don't think CEOs are to blame, but part of the problem is lack of affordable housing, especially in many big cities. Good luck trying to find a decent 2 bedroom apartment in cities like NY, Boston, DC, SF, LA, for under $2K per month. Starting prices of a home are right around $800K for something cheap.

However, a majority of the homeless are not down-on-their-luck hard working people who got shafted. A majority are drug addicts and substance abusers, mentally ill, convicts released from prison, and lazy bums who don't want to work.

Comment

Working...
                    X