No announcement yet.

Things You Love, Things You Hate About Flying

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things You Love, Things You Hate About Flying

T Minus 5hrs 10 minutes til I'm in the air. Getting antsy cuz I despise flying.

What are some things you love about flying?

What are some things you hate about flying?

For me I love taking the red eye late night flights so I can see cool lights all over outside instead of all the almost too real views you can see during the daytime which seem kinda surreal at times.

Flying while high or on acid is probably a fun or scary experience.

And it allows me to sleep the experience away so I'm awake & fresh on the other side vs that jet lag feeling you seem to get during day flights which seem harder for my body to adapt to.

Things I hate. The closeness of everyone. Packed liked sardines & if someone didn't wash their ass properly today it'll be a long ass few hours.

I hate almost everything about flying. The whole TSA experience, how small the seats are now, the seatbelt briefing by flight attendants, and I never hit the hot chick lottery for seating--always seated next to a fat dude, old dude, or chatty gay dude. I hate turbulence and the sneaky m'fer who always manages to let a silent but deadly fart fill the cabin.

I like that I can get someplace fast. I like being on half empty flights, which are rare. I like airport bars.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      I never hit the hot chick lottery for seating--always seated next to a fat dude, old dude, or chatty gay dude.
      I got high level ignoring skills in real life too so I can shake a chatty dude gay, old or fat so thats luckily never a problem for me. Its probably a god given gift I got with that sh^t.

But when I get next to the fat guy I try to think about the positives. Like my chances of survival if we crash probably are tripled with this guy as a cushion. The first flight I ever had had me swished between TWO fat guys in a 3 seat aisle. Was damn near comical after the fact while rough going while in that situation, but I got through it by thinking about if we crash I'm probably the only survivor.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        I got high level ignoring skills in real life too so I can shake a chatty dude gay, old or fat so thats luckily never a problem for me. Its probably a god given gift I got with that sh^t.
        Bet you can't say the same to a nasty fart that someone let's out halfway through the flight..

Comment

Things I love: still the fastest means of transport

Things I hate: cramped seats, my luck on never finding an upgrade, middle seats, useless headsets, crappy food and male stewards..

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            I never hit the hot chick lottery for seating
            I did once on a coach and it turned out to be a very interesting journey. She was very talkative and was drinking vodka. At first we were talking about some news article about a missing girl from a newspaper in front of us. We were then talking about music and sharing headphones, recommending music to each other. She was very cool at first.

By this point she is getting progressively more loud and drunk to the point where people are looking at her..and because we had been somewhat friendly for the past hour, they probably assume we're together. Anyway she is getting more and more drunk and starts verbally abusing some Pakistani family and picking fights with anyone. We stopped for a 30 minute break at a road side service station and the bus is almost empty and she is trying to start kissing me. What with her being very drunk, i'm not having any part of it and decide i'll go in the services and get a KFC or something. By the time i got back to the coach just before departure, she had already been thrown off by the driver and left in the middle of nowhere.

So yeah, hitting the lottery being seated next to a hot girl is not always great.

Comment

i used to like it, but not so much now that im older. def too crowded. im 6'3 even an aisle seat isnt very good. I usually end up next to some old lady which is cool they dont take up much space

if you fly southwest never sit in the very back thats where all the ghetto people end up for not checking in

Comment

I get scared/excited when I get on planes, but it usually turns out to be a boring/bad experience.

They really need better movies/entertainment/food/comfortable seats.

I was stuck next to a Chinese guy one of the last times, and he had his arms on the arm-rests, so I felt like I couldn't truly relax; the seats are way too close together. Then, he pulled out a smartphone and started watching a late-night talk show with earphones and laughing to himself. It was so weird, that experience. I couldn't tell if he was expecting me to laugh with him, or if he was in his own world, lol.

And one really bad time before that one my stomach was upset, and that was just terrible. >.>

One of the only times I found the experience somewhat entertaining was when a southern, Black flight attendant kept making jokes throughout the emergency instructions about how we may end up dying. I had never seen someone do that before, and it was scary/funny.

What was not funny, however, was when I was in Texas on this old commercial plane, and the White flight attendant started picking on a Middle Eastern guy who was sitting by the emergency exit, and then she switched him out, rather rudely. Beyond the fact that it was mean, it made me feel unsafe that she was so focused on who was sitting by the emergency exits; it made me feel like if she were scared, or knew something we didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                  Bet you can't say the same to a nasty fart that someone let's out halfway through the flight..
                  LOL you can't ignore smells brother. We both know that.

Like I said in my initial post if someone ain't wash they ass right sh^t gonna be f#cked up to. And there are more fat people then ever & I feel like the degree of difficulty with properly cleaning your ass when you are fat is higher than with the rest of us so higher probability of some sh^tty ass person on the plane.

Comment

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
                    One of the only times I found the experience somewhat entertaining was when a southern, Black flight attendant kept making jokes throughout the emergency instructions about how we may end up dying. I had never seen someone do that before, and it was scary/funny.
                    LMFAO wut?!?! I'd love to see something like this. I can't believe the airline is cool with it doe unless its super subtle & over their head or something which would seem virtually impossible to do. She's probably long fired or "talked to" by now. Thats definitely an interesting plane experience.

Comment

Working...
                    X