No announcement yet.

Barry Bonds 73 home runs in 2001

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    We do not know when he started roiding, people suspect it was late 90s.

You are right, they would not be great, or good #'s , they would be legendary numbers.

Just look at how many players hit 500 homeruns and 3,000 hits.

To help you out, 32 players in the history of MLB have reached 3k hits. 27 players reached 500+.

6 players in history have hit both 500+ homers and 3k+ hits.

So you were right, those numbers wouldn't have been great, but you are wrong in calling them only good...that combination of numbers would have been legendary. Unfortunately Bonds reached 2,900+ hits, not quite the 3k hit club.
    23rd in hits, 16th in hrs. 300th in ba. those numbers will surely plummet as these present day players retire.

Comment

Originally posted by Real boxer View Post
      If Pete Rose isnt in, nobody who cheated should be in.
      Pete Rose didnt cheat, he commited a crime. Not the same categorie.

Pitchers have used pine tar and batters have used corked bats...

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
        Pete Rose didnt cheat, he commited a crime. Not the same categorie.

Pitchers have used pine tar and batters have used corked bats...
        I didnt say Rose cheated. So if Rose is out because of crime, why is Tony La Russa in?

Comment

I didnt say Rose cheated. So if Rose is out because of crime, why is Tony La Russa in?
          Pete Rose's crime was against the sport of baseball itself.

LaRussa got caught in a DUI.

Comment

Psh.. Old cheatin ass motha****a

Comment

Pete Rose's crime was against the sport of baseball itself.

LaRussa got caught in a DUI.
              Betting on your team to win isnt worse than cheating to win. Nor is it worse than driving drunk potentially killing someone. You know that but you’re arguing just to argue.

Comment

Betting on your team to win isnt worse than cheating to win. Nor is it worse than driving drunk potentially killing someone. You know that but you’re arguing just to argue.
                What?

Dude, this isnt MY opinion nor was it MY decision.

Im telling you matter of factly that Pete Rose has been kept out of the baseball hall of fame because he commited a crime against the sport of baseball.

Tony LaRussa' s DUI didnt keep him out of the hall.

About Pete Rose, we do not who or what he bet on. We do know that he was a degenerate gambler. I cant just take his word on that. Who knows what he may have done if he got desperate enough. (What if he was deep in it and some morning he found out his starting pitcher is really sick or fighting through an injury and going up against a good team)

But personally i do believe what Pete Rose did is worse then taking PEDs. Because we know at least a third of the league was taking stuff too.

Comment

What?

Dude, this isnt MY opinion nor was it MY decision.

Im telling you matter of factly that Pete Rose has been kept out of the baseball hall of fame because he commited a crime against the sport of baseball.

Tony LaRussa' s DUI didnt keep him out of the hall.

About Pete Rose, we do not who or what he bet on. We do know that he was a degenerate gambler. I cant just take his word on that. Who knows what he may have done if he got desperate enough. (What if he was deep in it and some morning he found out his starting pitcher is really sick or fighting through an injury and going up against a good team)

But personally i do believe what Pete Rose did is worse then taking PEDs. Because we know at least a third of the league was taking stuff too.
                  Lol, you’re acting like I dont know the reasons why Rose was banned. Im just saying, if the all time hits leader isnt in the hall, people who blatantly cheated should not be either. It is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                  X