Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enforce all traffic laws via automation?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enforce all traffic laws via automation?

So much taxpayer money would be saved if we weren't paying cops to sit parked all day waiting for a car to drive by going 10mph over the speed limit.

It wouldn't be that hard to have cameras/sensors set up to take the place of these cops.

Then taxes could be lowered for hard-working people.

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
    So much taxpayer money would be saved if we weren't paying cops to sit parked all day waiting for a car to drive by going 10mph over the speed limit.

It wouldn't be that hard to have cameras/sensors set up to take the place of these cops.

Then taxes could be lowered for hard-working people.
    Damn right. Same for drug laws.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      Damn right. Same for drug laws.
      Yeah that too!

Comment

Absolutely not, **** that. There's times when you have to break a red light for your and other motorists' safety. If you use automation, then you would automatically get a ticket and then you would have to waste your time to appeal.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          Absolutely not, **** that. There's times when you have to break a red light for your and other motorists' safety. If you use automation, then you would automatically get a ticket and then you would have to waste your time to appeal.
          Appeal and the video evidence will be there to prove if you did it reasonably.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            Yeah that kind of stuff would be the major drawback. It would take a while to get bugs worked out that resulted in false positives.

Comment

They tried photo radar here as well as auto red light ticketing. It didn't last very long. The problem is there is no way to prove that the owner of the car who will get the ticket was the one driving the car at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                They tried photo radar here as well as auto red light ticketing. It didn't last very long. The problem is there is no way to prove that the owner of the car who will get the ticket was the one driving the car at the time.
                Actually, I've gotten one of those tickets for not stopping completely and making a right handed turn on a red light. Showed my face (and my daughters) plain as day.

To my understanding though these are considered "voluntary tickets" (something along those lines) meaning you don't have to pay if you don't want to.

http://www.laweekly.com/news/everyth...ickets-5146123

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                  In Atlanta they just mail the ticket to the owner's address so that shouldn't be a problem because the owner should know who was driving the vehicle at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
                    Actually, I've gotten one of those tickets for not stopping completely and making a right handed turn on a red light. Showed my face (and my daughters) plain as day.

To my understanding though these are considered "voluntary tickets" (something along those lines) meaning you don't have to pay if you don't want to.

http://www.laweekly.com/news/everyth...ickets-5146123
                    You don't seem to like law and order.

Comment

Working...
                    X