Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should people on welfare after a certain time have their voting right revoked?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
    I think you underestimate the situations of poor people.
    Don't talk to me about poor people. We immigrated from Russia over 20 years ago when I wasn't even 10 years old, and my parents worked their asses off to provide. My dad is a truck driver, was working 80-90 hour weekly shifts with 3-4 hours of sleep per night, and is now almost 60 and still does 60-65 hour weeks. He worked very hard, but the mortgage is fully paid off, and they take vacation trips to Punta Cana, Jamaica, or Cancun 2-3 times per year.

Work hard, play hard. People complain about 40 hour weeks, saying it's too much, while others don't want to work at all.

Don't talk to me about poor people. I mentioned at the beginning of this thread that some people do have hard situations. But you also have a huge chunk who are simply ****ing lazy, and these are the ones I'm talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      Guys like Ben Franklin and Alexis deToqueville warned us of this over a century ago.
      For real... I can't fathom how such laziness can be defended.

Even if you work just enough to pay your bills and food, that's fine. As long as you pay for your self and not leech of taxpayer's money, that could go on roads, infrastructure and other things that benefit all of society.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
        Don't talk to me about poor people. We immigrated from Russia over 20 years ago when I wasn't even 10 years old, and my parents worked their asses off to provide. My dad is a truck driver, was working 80-90 hour weekly shifts with 3-4 hours of sleep per night, and is now almost 60 and still does 60-65 hour weeks. He worked very hard, but the mortgage is fully paid off, and they take vacation trips to Punta Cana, Jamaica, or Cancun 2-3 times per year.

Work hard, play hard. People complain about 40 hour weeks, saying it's too much, while others don't want to work at all.

Don't talk to me about poor people. I mentioned at the beginning of this thread that some people do have hard situations. But you also have a huge chunk who are simply ****ing lazy, and these are the ones I'm talking about.
        The thing is that you don't know people personally to make a judgment upon them like that in generalized terms. It's that simple, really.

I'm Russian, too, somehow

Comment

I agree. Trailer trash food stamp Trump supporters shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              I agree. Trailer trash food stamp Trump supporters shouldn't be allowed to vote.
              Great idea. While at it, ban the millions of illegal Mexicans from voting. Let's see how the democrats feel about that one.

Comment

Great idea. While at it, ban the millions of illegal Mexicans from voting. Let's see how the democrats feel about that one.

How does an illegal immigrant vote? Why would someone who’s avoiding the government from knowing about them want to vote?

Comment

I wasn't aware they were allowed to vote.

Comment

Who cares?? the average person on welfare doesnt give a damn about votingt

Comment

Hell no matter who wins the average person always loses, you see no difference no matter who is in office. If you were broke when they got in 9 times out of 10 you are broke when they get out..And if were rich you will still be rich..They are all on the same team so no matter who wins they always win.

Comment

Working...
                      X