Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'No Gays Allowed': Hardware store emboldened by Supreme Court cake ruling hangs...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'No Gays Allowed': Hardware store emboldened by Supreme Court cake ruling hangs...

...discriminatory sign

Following the Supreme Court’s 7-2 ruling in favor of a Colorado baker who refused to make a wedding cake for a gay couple, an East Tennessee business owner is celebrating by reposting a sign that reads, “No Gays Allowed.”

Jeff Amyx, a Baptist minister and owner of Amyx Hardware & Roofing Supplies, originally posted the sign in 2015 when SCOTUS ruled to permit same-sex marriage across the country.

Amyx claims that gay and lesbian couples are against his religion.

Following the ensuing backlash, Amyx took the “No Gays Allowed” sign down and replaced it with a sign reading, “We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who would violate our rights of freedom of speech & freedom of religion,” according to USA Today.

The business owner told WBIR that he was celebrating a “win” following the recent court ruling and hung the sign again. He has no plans to take it down.

“Christianity is under attack. This is a great win, don’t get me wrong, but this is not the end, this is just the beginning,” Amyx said. “Right now we’re seeing a ray of sunshine. This is happy days for Christians all over America, but dark days will come.”

What Amyx fails to see is that the Supreme Court did not rule that businesses in the United States can refuse service to people based on their sexual orientation and claim religious freedom. This ruling was only for the baker’s particular case.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/no-g...000218831.html

Thoughts?

Lol this is hilarious. Idk where to start

Comment

Gay cake is delish

Comment

He should have just keep it simple

“No Liberals Allowed” already sums up all the Gay dudes

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
          He should have just keep it simple

“No Liberals Allowed” already sums up all the Gay dudes

Comment

just put one up that says god hates **** and be done with it. if theyre so offended then dont visit his store they're plenty of cake shops, hardware stores or whatever else. those who are tolerant of others will obviously get the lions share of the business due to them having a larger demographic of potential customers. those who stick to their beliefs (if they own the business, different story when representing an employer) will still have customers i'm sure and locals will rally behind them and everybody is happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              Gays for trump is a endangered species

Comment

I lived in a heavily gay neighborhood back in NY. More rainbow sh^t in my neighborhood than in Amir Khan's fantasies. And they make great & cool neighbors virtually across the board. I wouldn't shop at a place like this outta support for those cool ass neighbors.

Just stfu & sell people a f#cking hammer you inbred dipsh^t. Thats sorta how successful businesses work. You don't ban mfers from buying hammers you try to include & get every mfer to buy a hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  I lived in a heavily gay neighborhood back in NY. More rainbow sh^t in my neighborhood than in Amir Khan's fantasies. And they make great & cool neighbors virtually across the board. I wouldn't shop at a place like this outta support for those cool ass neighbors.

Just stfu & sell people a f#cking hammer you inbred dipsh^t. Thats sorta how successful businesses work. You don't ban mfers from buying hammers you try to include & get every mfer to buy a hammer.
                  U gay

u sounded like hitler there for a second

Comment

That guy is an obvious closet gay.

Comment

Working...
                    X