Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthony Bourdain found dead of apparent suicide in France

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So he was depressed his girlfriend Asia Argento was banging another man.

He had lifelong depression and this triggered him. Very sad. Wish he was with a buddy instead of being alone in that state.

RIP Tony

Comment

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
      His "Parts Unknown" episode on Buenos Aires, Argentina, may provide clues, if indeed it were suicide. He mentioned that he gets depressed over things like bad food at airports, or even after the brief moments of really good food wherever he travels. Bourdain also seems to indicate that the constant travel/hotelroom-life leaves him feeling isolated, and that he feels like a freak who can't really talk to the people he loves the way he would like to, and that perhaps he is trapped by his own narcissism.

So, if he did take his own life, perhaps he saw it as an escape from his "role" in the world as an entertainer and his frustration at not being able to live a normal life, or find true meaning in what he was doing, since Bourdain reflects on that humans might just be "tubes" that food is shoved into. Bourdain mentions that he has a recurring nightmare where he is stuck in a hotel but cannot find a way out, nor even figure out where his actual "home" is. In other words, he was tired of existing merely as entertainment, but he couldn't pull himself away from the rush of that life, either.

Until now, perhaps.
      He is at rest now.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        Yeah, drugs and alcohol certainly affect your brain chemistry and exacerbate depression, anxiety, stress, etc.

He was probably under a lot of pressure to produce his show and deliver the high quality output that everyone expected from him. Maybe he didn't want to do it anymore and suicide seemed like the only way out.
        good points. i know small-time musicians who travel around the country for gigs and all have consistently told me before that airports and hotels are what they absolutely hate the most about their job.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
          He is at rest now.
          Yeah, despite the powerful impact he has had on the world in terms of transmitting knowledge, I can certainly empathize with him. It must be hard to stop when it feels like you've attained something few people ever have.

He taught me a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

whos the chick in ya sig 2nd one

Comment

Shouldn't have made those episodes about the Middle East.

Comment

legit bummed over this... RIP

Comment

Illuminati got the suicide game on lock everyone got the same story

Comment

Anthony's life, and now in his death, prove what a vehicle food and culture is to our souls and our humanity. If only we could learn to break bread with one another instead of breaking each other's spirit.

There is no happiness to be found. There is just life. You live it. Until you don't. No sense cheating death as it'll be here before you know it. I cannot tell any man how to live. I also cannot share a meal with a dead one. Thank you for all of the shared meals, Anthony. A mourning period never truly ends in one's heart, but, thank you for taking up space in mine.

I hope you are able to find a fresh baguette in the sky's iridescence as you make your way to parts unknown. Godspeed, Tony.

Comment

He got fucked up the rectum-uterus by a true Black and flew off the handle. Now baby mama's getting called. Now we hearing there was a video. The family don't want the video released. Now the lawyer saying he releasing the video. Now the minister weighing in. The video go viral. That shit go pussy. That mean it go viral like that pic of Rihanna beige pussy. That shit was beige on pink with the island fish aroma... and that shit fat. All that shellfish give that pussy a good aroma when it mix with the blood.

Comment

Working...
                      X