Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official 2018 World Cup thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking forward to this next one, I'll admit that I haven't seen a ton of Peru, still a bit shocked they're here and not Chile. Denmark is solid though, Eriksen is a beast. The whipping they put on Ireland in Dublin to get here was impressive. Winner of this game probably gets 2nd place in group

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      Sky sports news in denial, two top stories on the app are England vs Australia in Rugby and Cricket.

**** off sky it’s footy season
      Crazy. This is England's year.

For Rooney.

Comment

• Originally posted by JasonBoxing View Post
        What the HELL does that have to do with your ramblings about how Messi needs more stars?
        He's surrounded by some of the best offensive stars in World Football.

They underperform because he under achieve himself.
        Listen, all I said was that Portugal and Argentina could both do a better job of surrounding their once-in-a-lifetime stars with a better team.

But because you're into sucking Ronaldo's dick that seems to have greatly upset you.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          You have a hard-on for Ronaldo, I get it.

Doesn't change the fact that Argentina has been consistently underwhelming and disappointing for the past decade.
          They made it to the final 4 years ago ffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
            Looking forward to this next one, I'll admit that I haven't seen a ton of Peru, still a bit shocked they're here and not Chile. Denmark is solid though, Eriksen is a beast. The whipping they put on Ireland in Dublin to get here was impressive. Winner of this game probably gets 2nd place in group

Guerrero/Farfan about to lead Peru to the cup, about to catch other seleciones slipping. They could have been here last cup but Colombia had a stronger seleccion, Sudamerica is the hardest to qualify in, teams with talent don't make it every time.

I was impresed with Russia and Iran's wins, and Iran is lucky Portugal and Espana tied.

Comment

• Guerrero isn't starting? Yep, give me the Danes today

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
                They made it to the final 4 years ago ffs.
                With a historical talent like Messi is a final 4 appearance the best they should be doing?

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                Shoulder, I hope you didn't say that ****. Messi needs more help?
                They could have surrounded him with a better squad, yes. So as to not waste this gift from the soccer gods.

I say the same for Portugal as well.
                Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 06-16-2018, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Guerrero/Farfan about to lead Peru to the cup, about to catch other seleciones slipping. They could have been here last cup but Colombia had a stronger seleccion, Sudamerica is the hardest to qualify in, teams with talent don't make it every time.

I was impresed with Russia and Iran's wins, and Iran is lucky Portugal and Espana tied.
                  Guerrero apparently isn't starting today. I completely agree that CONMEBOL is by far the toughest to get in from and I've already been in this thread screaming about South America not having enough bids while crap Asian teams get in. Personally, if an undervalued SA team is going to make a run, I think it will be Colombia

Comment

• Man this C.Ronaldo fanboy is a bit much. I'm personally glad he has been able to overcome his former world cup fail (only 3 goals till 2018, not a patch on the real Ronaldo) with an inspired performance against Spain. He has certainly matured as a player and Portugal need that to have any chance. Glad Spain didn't get the 3 points, they were poor against Tunisia as well and I can't see them winning the world cup.

Messi has always imo been overrated as a penalty taker. Di Maria probably would have scored there. Great save though. It's not the first time Messi has been denied at a crucial moment. I thought Iceland was supposed to have poor defence? They were on point tonight. The mighty Higuain should have been brought on earlier and Argentina could have won.

My pick for the group was Argentina/Croatia.... We shall see now.

Really looking forwards to the games tonight. Let's go Denmark.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      With a historical talent like Messi is a final 4 appearance the best they should be doing?

They could have surrounded him with a better squad, yes. So as to not waste this gift from the soccer gods.

I say the same for Portugal as well.
                      Not final 4.

They lost to Germany in the overtime of the 2014 World Cup final.

They are current vice champions of the world.
                      Last edited by Szef; 06-16-2018, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X