Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official 2018 World Cup thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder how the whole nation of Croatia are sleeping these days.

Don’t worry sweet princes and princesses. It’ll all be over soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      Wonder how the whole nation of Croatia are sleeping these days.

Don’t worry sweet princes and princesses. It’ll all be over soon.
      The British overconfidence is astounding. England had one of the easiest paths to the world cup this whole tournament, and the first serious team they faced in Belgium they lost. I'm not favoring Croatia or anything, but temper expectations, this game will be a lot of tougher than you think.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
        The British overconfidence is astounding. England had one of the easiest paths to the world cup this whole tournament, and the first serious team they faced in Belgium they lost. I'm not favoring Croatia or anything, but temper expectations, this game will be a lot of tougher than you think.
        They have certainly had the easiest possible path to the final, that much is true.

Comment

• Rooting for Croatia to go all the way and win.

Comment

Tongue in cheek mate!

Ours is young team and none of us really thought they were any good. They could lose 4 nil and come home heroes in my book.

Also Scots and Welsh hate England. So really you should point to English overconfidence. Most jocks wouldn’t piss on the England team if they were on fire.

Also the path is overplayed since Spain and Germany both proved they weren’t good enough. Those are the breaks.

Hard to make a fantasy match up now but Brazil aren’t a great side. And VAR has done them in like most of the South American teams.
            Last edited by Sparked_26; 07-08-2018, 01:29 PM.

Comment

The Belgium match was a wash because both teams fielded B-teams as they were safely through to the Round of 16. We can scratch that one off. They've had a soft tournament so far yes but they are a good team despite this.

Comment

• 'the overconfidence is astounding'

Not only are the yanks fat and dumb but they have no sense of humour either. It's coming home for the red coats lads.

Comment

Look at the teams that are not here in the semi finals at the expense of Sweden, from their qualifiers and at the tournament. No team would have really fancied playing Sweden that much given their track record in the last couple of years.

Also Spain would’ve had the same side of the draw as us. If it was that easy, why are they sat at home?

At the end of the day, you cannot fluke your way to a semi or get there that easily. Everyone is there for a reason.

Also England fans are not overconfident. We’re just having a laugh and enjoying it and have exceeded expectations already

Comment

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
                    'the overconfidence is astounding'

Not only are the yanks fat and dumb but they have no sense of humour either. It's coming home for the red coats lads.
                    You fucking wankers!!! Your time is almost up! The French have been waiting over 200 years to hand you cvnts the ultimate defeat. Revenge for Waterloo is at hand! No coalition's this time you buggers!! The rest of Europe isn't coming to save you! I'll be smiling from ear to ear as I sit on my fat ass eating french fries and crepes while Mbappe shoves his big, black baguette into your dry anuses for all the world to see. London will drown when English tears fill up the Thames! It's NOT coming home you pasty twats! So suck on that you nation of bellends and **** Harry Potter!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                      You fucking wankers!!! Your time is almost up! The French have been waiting over 200 years to hand you cvnts the ultimate defeat. Revenge for Waterloo is at hand! No coalition's this time you buggers!! The rest of Europe isn't coming to save you! I'll be smiling from ear to ear as I sit on my fat ass eating french fries and crepes while Mbappe shoves his big, black baguette into your dry anuses for all the world to see. London will drown when English tears fill up the Thames! It's NOT coming home you pasty twats! So suck on that you nation of bellends and **** Harry Potter!!

Dry anuses was my favourite bit.

Well played

Comment

Working...
                      X