No announcement yet.

The official 2018 World Cup thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sh|ts on Brits View Post
    Interesting take. Foreign influence on English soccer shining through?
    This is pure English football imo.

The formation is a bit exotic no doubt, but we got a big lump up front who we can boot the ball to, a small man running beyond (big man little man). **** all these fancy Dan false 9s, gimme Harry Kane any day.

Then Maguire is pure magic at the back. Made of pure Sheffield steel. Complete rock of a man.

Hendo is ya English box to box midfielder through and through.

Set pieces, crosses. Right in the mixer like a prime Vinnie Jones era Wimbledon.

This is English football coming to the fore. In 10 years the Spaniards will be trying to catch up with what we have known for generations

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      Yo homie.
      Seems like you the one who has been getting *****ed on this World Cup.

Damn those Powers That Be.
      I know all this talk about Conte and Juventus is over your head. So I'll just let your comment slide.

Comment

• Right, I’m off to drink myself senseless.

I bid you good evening

Comment

I know all this talk about Conte and Juventus is over your head. So I'll just let your comment slide.
          Oh?
          Make sure you use those multipliers, now.

Comment

Oh?
            Make sure you use those multipliers, now.
            Who is Mauro Icardi, doe.

Are you a Marooon?

Comment

Who is Mauro Icardi, doe.

Are you a Marooon?
              That Argentine boy who never got to start.

No I am not a maroon but are you a coon?

Comment

That Argentine boy who never got to start.

No I am not a maroon but are you a coon?
                I'm glad you learned who he is, finally. I'm always happy to teach you a little something.

Just sit back and enjoy the next match. My dark horse pick (that you said wouldn't be a dark horse) is still alive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  This is pure English football imo.

The formation is a bit exotic no doubt, but we got a big lump up front who we can boot the ball to, a small man running beyond (big man little man). **** all these fancy Dan false 9s, gimme Harry Kane any day.

Then Maguire is pure magic at the back. Made of pure Sheffield steel. Complete rock of a man.

Hendo is ya English box to box midfielder through and through.

Set pieces, crosses. Right in the mixer like a prime Vinnie Jones era Wimbledon.

This is English football coming to the fore. In 10 years the Spaniards will be trying to catch up with what we have known for generations

You’re definitely right. It’s the players that make it click together.

But you have to admit, there is no way Southgate is turning out the 532/352 without Conte’s injection into the English scene.

No way does he do it. He’d have been trying the same formula of 433 or 4231, 442 that everyone else had been trying till this point.

It’s clicking perfectly for England though. Picture perfect.

Comment

I'm glad you learned who he is, finally. I'm always happy to teach you a little something.

Just sit back and enjoy the next match. My dark horse pick (that you said wouldn't be a dark horse) is still alive.
                    Red - No lie. You put me on to that Simon Brown fight and you do let me know the latest crazy views that are going around.

Well, my dark horse is still active too.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                      You’re definitely right. It’s the players that make it click together.

But you have to admit, there is no way Southgate is turning out the 532/352 without Conte’s injection into the English scene.

No way does he do it. He’d have been trying the same formula of 433 or 4231, 442 that everyone else had been trying till this point.

It’s clicking perfectly for England though. Picture perfect.
                      Southgate as a player in the Euros got to the semis playing in a 352 formation

He's been trying to follow Spain/Germany and the NFL in particular.. idk about Conte

Comment

Working...
                      X