Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official 2018 World Cup thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not having this, Croatia are utter pony.

Guess they are this tournaments Colombia from 2014 aka the wannabe hipsters choice, overrated tripe.

Powderpuff.

A fossil of Mandzukic is world class? . GTFO he's a primark Emile Heskey.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
      I wouldn't say it's easy though. Look who Sweden have seen off in the qualifiers and world cup. Croatia have some brilliant players that could walk into pretty much any other team. ****** have seen off Spain and got great momentum.

I'd pick Croatia to give any team on the other side of the draw a very tough game. None of them would roll Sweden over either.

People overhype teams too much due to the past. Look at Spain, they were expected to turn ****** over, why? Spain have been dog**** in their last 3 tournaments now. Just because they were good about 8 years ago doesn't mean a thing now.

The teams on the other side of the draw might have a bigger historical profile, but none of them have done a thing in international tournaments for long time.

You have to be in the here and now. This is tournament football. An easy side of the draw doesn't exist and has no room for historical sentiment.
      There's no question which half of the draw is more difficult.

England could be playing France, Belgium, Brazil, or Uruguay. Instead they have a relative cakewalk in comparison while those teams will beat each other up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
        I'm not having this, Croatia are utter pony.

Guess they are this tournaments Colombia from 2014 aka the wannabe hipsters choice, overrated tripe.

Powderpuff.

Dont forget that the same colombia that you are calling overrated almost knocked England out of the tournament.... Japan would've done the deal for good if you guys were matched against them. Very lucky you guys are on the weak side of the bracket.

Comment

• Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
          Dont forget that the same colombia that you are calling overrated almost knocked England out of the tournament.... Japan would've done the deal for good if you guys were matched against them. Very lucky you guys are on the weak side of the bracket.
          Almost?, based on what?, they turned up to play rugby.

They were found wanting.

The scumbags even tried scuffing up the penalty spot before Kane's penalty.

Dirty cheats .

Justice well and truly served.

Comment

Almost?, based on what?, they turned up to play rugby.

They were found wanting.

The scumbags even tried scuffing up the penalty spot before Kane's penalty.

Dirty cheats .

Justice well and truly served.

Based on them drawing with You guys and almost scoring another goal in ET....that penalty shootout could've gone either way. And finally England was lucky 1 time and you guys let it get to your heads.

The english had some help from mr. Referee as well...they were just as dirty as the Colombians. Im looking forward to seeing you guys face reality when being matched against a strong country. Wouldnt even be surprised if Sweden sends you home.

That pathetic showing against Belgium annoyed me the most, trying to be 2nd in the group so that you get matched against the poor countries. Where's the honor in that ? Karma will serve justice, whether in the final or against Sweden or ******/Croatia...its not coming home mate sorry.

Comment

I'm not having this, Croatia are utter pony.

Powderpuff.

On one hand I want England to win because I like them.

On the other hand however, stuff like this ^^^ is what we will be hearing for the next 52 years if they win.

I'm torn on this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post

On the other hand however, stuff like this ^^^ is what we will be hearing for the next 52 years if they win.

I'm torn on this one.
                It's impossible it to love this England team.

We've had more than our share of bad luck and misfortune.

All the stars are lining up for a hugely emotional football homecoming.

Comment

• It's being chaperoned home by Southgate as we speak.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post

I'm torn on this one.
                      Would root for England if it wasn't for their fans I know lots of guys here are joking but majority of them are serious

They have Denmark level talent but think they're Brazil

Comment

Working...
                      X