No announcement yet.

The official 2018 World Cup thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
    Why do the pundits make out like Argentina have garbage players and they need to just feed Messi 24/7..

Higuain.. Di Maria.. Banega are more then capable of some magic.. Even Aguero and Dybala on the bench..
    It's ridiculous. I like Messi as much as the next guy but the pundits are sickening. BBC's half time analysis was just a 15 minute Messi suckjob. Banega was actually running the show in the first half and they didn't mention him.

Also, they were saying Messi's goal was a "stunning" finish. Really? Stunning? - It was a well taken goal, no more & no less.

Comment

• Goats gonna goat.

Comment

• That ****ing bum Higuain still being his usual self i see doe.

Proper bum that boy.

Comment

• Comment

• Griezmann is the most overrated player in the world (after Ronaldo).

Comment

• Germany 2-0 S Korea
              Switzerland 1-1 Costa Rica
              Mexico 2-1 Sweden
              Brazil 2-1 Serbia

Comment

• I've gotta say as it stands right now I've got no idea who's gonna win the thing. I voted Portugal in the poll, a pick which I'm now 90% sure is wrong but I'm not entirely certain either. I'm pretty sure it's NOT going to be one of the absolute favourites like Germany or Brazil.

Comment

• Originally posted by black.ink View Post
                  Peru 2-1 Australia
                  France 1-1 Denmark
                  Argentina 2-1 Nigeria
                  Croatia 2-0 Iceland
                  Got every result correct, just the Argentina result bang on.

Today is tough.

Mexico 1-0 Sweden
                  Germany 3-1 S Korea
                  Switzerland 1-0 Costa Rica
                  Brazil 2-1 Serbia (Serbia could cause a shock and knock Brazil out, but i feel this could be a controversial result where decisions favour Brazil)

Comment

• Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
                    I've gotta say as it stands right now I've got no idea who's gonna win the thing. I voted Portugal in the poll, a pick which I'm now 90% sure is wrong but I'm not entirely certain either. I'm pretty sure it's NOT going to be one of the absolute favourites like Germany or Brazil.
                    Uruguay/Croatia/Belgium maybe?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                      It's ridiculous. I like Messi as much as the next guy but the pundits are sickening. BBC's half time analysis was just a 15 minute Messi suckjob. Banega was actually running the show in the first half and they didn't mention him.

Also, they were saying Messi's goal was a "stunning" finish. Really? Stunning? - It was a well taken goal, no more & no less.
                      It was a brilliant finish. The ball wasn't perfectly in his path, he controlled it perfectly and then finished it perfectly on his weaker foot. That would be a great goal in a normal game but if you consider what was on the line, there would have been HUGE pressure on everyone there and for him to keep his cool and finish it so clinically was something to behold.

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
                      I've gotta say as it stands right now I've got no idea who's gonna win the thing. I voted Portugal in the poll, a pick which I'm now 90% sure is wrong but I'm not entirely certain either. I'm pretty sure it's NOT going to be one of the absolute favourites like Germany or Brazil.
                      It's there for the taking. I think if we did a poll right now, I think Spain would probably win. They have the most depth, a proper philosophy and experience. Belgium have arguably played the best however IMO. It's there for the taking...

Comment

Working...
                      X