Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What event, or non event, can cause each and every one of us, to look out for eachoth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
    The human heart is evil at it's very core... love of Christ is all that changes people.

As soon as we all realize that we go based on that truth, rather th as n our feelings, we will be better off. Feelings lie and deceive us all. Love is a decision, not a feeling.
    Well said homie, my heart Is evil, self seeking, self deceiving... if I were an atheist, I’d thank GOD, then get down and **** **** up... the GOD that I fear is GOD, respect and know, I am no GOD. GOD knows me, my heart, motives, intentions.... etc... I see GOD’s work as I walk the streets absorbed in my lil problems... I laugh at myself as my GOD keeps saving my azz... peace brother...peace
    Last edited by Zaroku; 05-31-2018, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
      So only Christians aren't evil?

You are a living demonstration of the problem this thread is talking about.
      No, Christians are evil too... that's what is misunderstood in this world. Church is for the sick... if you were perfect you wouldn't need church or fellowship.

And please stop with your judgmental nature on Christians anyway, because I've heard it all before. I am a HORRIBLE example of a follower of Christ, but, that doesn't stop me from trying.

Comment

No, Christians are evil too... that's what is misunderstood in this world. Church is for the sick... if you were perfect you wouldn't need church or fellowship.

And please stop with your judgmental nature on Christians anyway, because I've heard it all before. I am a HORRIBLE example of a follower of Christ, but, that doesn't stop me from trying.
        Ok, to rephrase what you said - only Christians can't be evil.

That's a really fucked up attitude to have, and incredibly divisive. It is the exact problem that this thread is talking about.

Comment

That's a really fucked up attitude to have, and incredibly divisive. It is the exact problem that this thread is talking about.
          You can call me mentally weak, a man who needs to give up his sovernty to an unseen GOD. I wouldn’t be able to refute that.

I, as a Jew, am most definitely a product of my parents, not just genetically speaking... is it cool with you, that I, and people like me, choose to believe in our version of GOD? When I was in jail, after hurting a man, I wasn’t GOD fearing at that point in time... I was just insane... I gots a few battle scars, I’m not as great of a fighter as I’d like to be.... I’m definitely not as great of a man/human being as I want to be...

Comment

Wait, where are you getting this from where I said "only Christians can't be evil"? I never said that.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
              You can call me mentally weak, a man who needs to give up his sovernty to an unseen GOD. I wouldn’t be able to refute that.

I, as a Jew, am most definitely a product of my parents, not just genetically speaking... is it cool with you, that I, and people like me, choose to believe in our version of GOD? When I was in jail, after hurting a man, I wasn’t GOD fearing at that point in time... I was just insane... I gots a few battle scars, I’m not as great of a fighter as I’d like to be.... I’m definitely not as great of a man/human being as I want to be...
              Am I cool with it?

Some of the people I love the most are regular church goers. I see their faith as a flaw - but I am tolerant of plenty of flaws in others as I hope they are tolerant of flaws within myself.

I have limits to what I can tolerate though. Some people are so wrapped up in their belief systems (whether political, religious or even something like conspiracism) that they become very dishonest people, and totally worthless.

Comment

Wait, where are you getting this from where I said "only Christians can't be evil"? I never said that.
                Yes, you did.

The human heart is evil at it's very core... love of Christ is all that changes people.
                Premise 1) Everyone is born evil.
                Premise 2) Only the love of Christ can change that.
                Conclusion: Those who don't go in for the whole 'love of Christ' thing (i.e. the non Christians) must therefore remain evil.

That's what you said, boiled down to the basic premise and the deductive reasoning.

Comment

I would say an alien invasion would likely be the only thing to bring everyone together on a united front. Either that or some type of plague. But any sort of natural catastrophe like an asteroid headed for earth or something that sets us back into the next ice age would likely bring out the worst in human behavior, similar to Katrina or your average inner-city riot.

Comment

Am I cool with it?

Some of the people I love the most are regular church goers. I see their faith as a flaw - but I am tolerant of plenty of flaws in others as I hope they are tolerant of flaws within myself.

I have limits to what I can tolerate though. Some people are so wrapped up in their belief systems (whether political, religious or even something like conspiracism) that they become very dishonest people, and totally worthless.
                    Agreed... glad you get it...

Peace hermanito. Lil brother.. I’m old so I say this...

Comment

Yes, you did.

Premise 1) Everyone is born evil.
                      Premise 2) Only the love of Christ can change that.
                      Conclusion: Those who don't go in for the whole 'love of Christ' thing (i.e. the non Christians) must therefore remain evil.

That's what you said, boiled down to the basic premise and the deductive reasoning.
                      No, that's not correct... you are making a poor attempt to put things there that I didn't say.

The love of Christ is a spiritual experience, without Christ in our lives, we cannot experience all that He has to offer. That does not mean men are still not evil, but Christ said "if you love me, you will keep my commands"... that's independent of feelings and denying the daily temptations we all encounter, Christ's love is what catches us when we fall BECAUSE we are still evil.

If you want to take that as me saying Christians are somehow perfect or whatever other way you want to try to twist it somehow, that's fine, but I'm not going to argue about this because I have my beliefs and so do you.

Comment

Working...
                      X