Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So...is Lebron James better than Michael Jordan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    And Lebron would have as many as Tmac if he didn't connive his way into teams with stars.
    Yeah? Did Lebron invent free agency?

Again, those what ifs are meaningless and can go on all day.

You know what isnt a what if? The fact that Lebron has been the best player in the league for more then a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
      Yeah? Did Lebron invent free agency?

Again, those what ifs are meaningless and can go on all day.

You know what isnt a what if? The fact that Lebron has been the best player in the league for more then a decade.
      Lakers fans are stupid. I live in LA. And these guys have no basketball IQ.

Comment

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
        Lakers fans are stupid. I live in LA. And these guys have no basketball IQ.
        Lakers fans have had the hardest time accepting reality because Lebron has surpassed both Kobe and Magic.

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
          Lakers fans have had the hardest time accepting reality because Lebron has surpassed both Kobe and Magic.
          True. Last week I wore a Larry Bird jersey, and I almost got my arse kick in the basketball court. Lakers fans are so obsessed with their team. They are willing to hurt another person for the sake of telling that their team and players are way better.

Comment

magic wasnt better than bird

Comment

MJ one of my favorites (check the sig). but Jordan enjoyed a few advantages that Bron never had.

MJ benefited from great legendary coaching from college to the pros. Lebron has never had a great coach once. Decent ones maybe. Great? never.

Jordan also benefited from being teammates with arguably the greatest defender of all time in Pippen who is all around one of the best ever.

Jordan scored more because he shot more.

LeBron has more Magic Johnson qualities than he does MJ.

People give Jordan 100% credit for the 6 rings but when it comes to LeBron they bring up Kyrie, Wade and Ray Allen.

Jordan doesnt win any rings without Pippen, Paxson, Grant, Armstrong, Kerr, Rodman, Kukoc, Harper etc.

It's a 5 on 5 not 1 on 5.

Lets just pretend LeBron came into the league drafted by the Spurs and played under Popovich for 15 years while teamed up with a healthy prime Kawhi Leonard. you think he would only have 3 rings?

That's the luxury Jordan enjoyed.

Before Pippen came on the scene MJ was 1-9 in the playoffs. He never beat Bird/Celtics and couldn't get past Thomas/Pistons.

It wasn't until Pippen came into his prime that the Bulls began to shine because Jordan was great.. but now he had help.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                I think LeBron's 2011 Finals performance will always be the mark against him in this discussion.

He's chasing a ghost.

Bron is top 5 all time in my book, and he still has time to achieve more, but I don't see him surpassing Jordan.
                If we're going to hold 1 series against Lebron then its fair we bring up how MJ is 0-6 vs Bird/Celtics in the playoffs and was eliminated in the first round multiple times.

Comment

I grew up on jordan, joe Montana, etc. I don’t know who is better!

Butler must know, he played in the All Pinoy All Star games as a towel boy!

He certainly knows!

Comment

obviously. lebron james would dwarf jordan. he's 250 lbs. probably 40 lbs bigger than prime jordan.

jordan was a better shooter but that's really it. lebron would beat him in 1 on 1 and he's getting the cavs further than jordan would without a real supporting cast. jordan played on some great basketball teams and with a prime scottie pippen.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                      Too many people have the mindset that, "Even if someone is better than Jordan, that still doesn't make them better than Jordan."

i agree with this.

if you're talking about the quality of a basketball player you need to think more about how good he is than how well his team performed. there are five people on the floor in a basketball game, and the bench is important in a playoff series. michael jordan and kobe bryant were both on better basketball teams. i think lebron beats them in a game of 1 on 1, and i think he makes a **** team like Cleveland better than they would. so far they're both more accomplished than james, but he may catch up.

again, he's 40 lbs heavier than jordan was at his best. how does jordan cover lebron?

Comment

Working...
                      X