Clear All

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
    so, lets recap ...

i say there is no life out there but us
    you SAY yes there is. there HAS to be.
    i say prove it
    you say you cant and call me a name

well done, chap !!!!!!!!
    Brb. Gonna build a machine that is 100,000s faster than the speed of light to travel all over the universe to find the first planet with actual life forms just to prove a point to an idiot who doesn't understand how big the universe is and doesn't understand the high probability of planets like earth having the exact same resources we have.

Comment

Originally posted by Sicario* View Post
      Brb. Gonna build a machine that is 100,000s faster than the speed of light to travel all over the universe to find the first planet with actual life forms just to prove a point to an idiot who doesn't understand how big the universe is and doesn't understand the high probability of planets like earth having the exact same resources we have.
      next time, when you educate a person, actually teach them something.

Comment

Yes, microscopic and full grown life. I'm 99.9% sure of it.

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
        yes and no... yes because there is other planets out there.

and no, because if there is really aliens out there, we would have encounter them often by now.
        The space we've explored is very insignificant relative to the size of the universe, which I admittedly have no idea what size that is.

Picture going into an ocean, just the edge of it, ducking your head in the ocean, look around and see no fishes. Then you say, well, I looked around and saw no fishes, that means the world's oceans don't have any fishes.

Or like ND Tyson said it, us saying there is no life in space because we haven't seen them yet is equal to taking a cup of ocean water and saying "Look, there are no fishes in the ocean", this small cup of water proves it.

Our own Earth's oceans are 95% unexplored. Imagine what percentage of the universe we haven't explored.

https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/exploration.html

How much of the ocean have we explored?

To date, we have explored approximately five percent of the ocean.

The ocean is the lifeblood of Earth, covering more than 70 percent of the planet's surface, driving weather, regulating temperature, and ultimately supporting all living organisms. Throughout history, the ocean has been a vital source of sustenance, transport, commerce, growth, and inspiration.

Yet for all of our reliance on the ocean, about 95 percent of this realm remains unexplored, unseen by human eyes.
        We've explored 5% of our very own oceans, and look at the wild looking sea creatures we've found in that 5% we've explored.

The universe? we maybe have explored 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000 (quadrillions more 0's) 1% of it (unmanned). And that's just me guessing, we've probably explored even less than what I just threw out there.

Comment

its a nice coincidence that theres no life where we can see it....has to be clear across the universe
          We can't see very far, especially to the point of extreme detail.

Comment

next time, when you educate a person, actually teach them something.
            Just take your L and shut the hell up. You clearly have no idea what the hell you are talking about. Do your own damn research. That's what google is for. I'm not your personal astronomist.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
              We can't see very far, especially to the point of extreme detail.
              we can see and ''hear'' far enough.

weve observed more than enough planets.

is there a reason there has to be life out there other than us ?

in certain subjects, im a ''show me'' kinda guy. very skeptical.

ufos and the like, i need to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sicario* View Post
                Just take your L and shut the hell up. You clearly have no idea what the hell you are talking about. Do your own damn research. That's what google is for. I'm not your personal astronomist.
                another dumb move by you....telling someone to shut up....

and if i dont ?!?!?!?

''do your own research !''

!!!!!!!!

but of course. educators usually dont have time to teach people WHAT THEY KNOW TO BE FACT !

yes, youre useless

Comment

its a nice coincidence that theres no life where we can see it....has to be clear across the universe
                  If you lived by an ocean and have a balcony, and look out the balcony with binoculars, into the ocean...and not see any visible life. That's basically us using telescopes to look out in space. It's there, ocean life is there, you just can't see them on the surface.

Comment

Yes

Maybe not as a spaceship traveling species like in movies, but some sort of life is out there.

We already know there are places with conditions like earth.

Comment

we can see and ''hear'' far enough.

weve observed more than enough planets.

is there a reason there has to be life out there other than us ?

in certain subjects, im a ''show me'' kinda guy. very skeptical.

ufos and the like, i need to see it.
                      It takes certain conditions for life to grow, we have already discovered planets that can sustain life. You grossly overestimate what are technology is capable of and just how vast space is.

I'm not saying there has to be life but logically speaking yes it's far more likely we aren't the only planet that has an abundance of life on it.

I've seen multiple videos of military jets coming in contact with unidentified object's that clearly weren't planes, just in the last decade. Obviously can be skeptical of it.

Are you religious?

Comment

Working...
                      X