Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About Two-Thirds of US public school students not proficient in reading and math

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meatsauce View Post
    Are you autistic? Down Syndrome?
    Hey bro you're on boxingscene you're not texting your mom

Comment

Originally posted by 48cantCstraight View Post
      Hey bro you're on boxingscene you're not texting your mom
      I'm thinking it's gotta be downies.

Comment

Not surprising. Education relies on financial resources. Housing taxes are used to fund schools. urban areas lack housing.

Kids in urban areas are using outdated text books and are being taught by low paid teachers. They lack funds for modern teaching techniques because the resources have to be used to feed kids and protect the school grounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          This explains

1st bold- motorcity cobra

2nd bold- explains why certain posters on here can’t grasp or understand simple statistics in crime rates, per capita, etc
          It sure does.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Not surprising. Education relies on financial resources. Housing taxes are used to fund schools. urban areas lack housing.

Kids in urban areas are using outdated text books and are being taught by low paid teachers. They lack funds for modern teaching techniques because the resources have to be used to feed kids and protect the school grounds.
            So yet again, the solution is just to throw more money at the problem?

Just want to clarify.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              This explains

1st bold- motorcity cobra

2nd bold- explains why certain posters on here can’t grasp or understand simple statistics in crime rates, per capita, etc
              I know u dont like MCC Ali bcuz he can be a bit stubborn BUT hes no dumb dumb. He has his opinions but hes well spoken.

& I recall taking stats in College (only class i ever had to retake) and the teacher saying like 70% of stats are inaccurate. Pissed me off i had to take a class that pertained to bs lol

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                So yet again, the solution is just to throw more money at the problem?

Just want to clarify.
                How else can you offset the disparity in resources? There might be other factors at play here but the correlation between education and wealth/financial resources has been found to be quite strong.

In a country based on capitalism more financial resources is always going to be a critical piece to fixing any problem.

Comment

Originally posted by 48cantCstraight View Post
                  This is what happens when you prioritize teaching kids that it's ok for a f@g in a dress to use the women's restroom over teaching them math. Thanks liberals.
                  Lol, i have school aged kids & i asked them if theyve ever been taught about LGBT & they all said no. I dont doubt the media when they report schools that teach this stuff, i just think its a very small fraction of schools in the USA that do.

Comment

I kinda don’t agree, I was born broke, my dad kicked me in the head, Knocked me to sleep... I went to the worst schools...

I’m gonna list them..
                    Franklin McKinley
                    San Antonio school,
                    Lee Matheson,
                    Indepednece high school,
                    UC Berkeley

Franklin elemetsryy in San Jose,
                    Then and I can produce news articles

A few men got murdered in front of me, then my parents moved to 595 avalini arms, that’s another story, Sad story... next to independence high school... I ****ed up a few fools up.... i caught a lot of breaks in life, free ride to lots of colleges, My dad used to get mad at me as I thought about physics math, heat, dissapiation of energy... the purpose of life, the earths tilt... GOD, actually GOD and Judaism solved everything... at least for me... sun, I don’t care anymore about metric tensors, my favorite topic, of reflecting or distributing energy to the road in the summer time hand winer less cold... I know i am kinda crazy, crazy... at my jr high school I was sent to a state college San Jose state university to learn simple mathematics... go Spartans... then as a student at Cal, I was considered crazy, my professors are probably right, but I cannot respect any professor who gets a PhD, and can’t admit he’s full,of ****... On my own, I believe I’d destroy them, without trying...my favorite question to them was “what was your PhD thesis, and who approved your thesis... “ I made several teachers assistants weep, and I felt sad... who gave you that PhD.... by the way, one of my great friends write PhD thesis for a lot of fools seeking credentials, But lack real skills... I guess there is a cost for everything..... I should have understood this in my childhood... but I didn’t...

I’m crazy crazy... sorry brothers.... I am a stupid Jew... peace... I’m sorry...
                    Last edited by Zaroku; 05-02-2018, 09:18 AM.

Comment

How else can you offset the disparity in resources?
                      Please, don't answer a question with a question.

So the answer is 'Yes', you feel the solution is throwing more money at the failing schools, correct?

There might be other factors at play here but the correlation between education and wealth/financial resources has been found to be quite strong.
                      Yup, and the biggest factor is culture.

When you have the highest dropout rates, you can throw all the money you want at the schools, but you can't force kids to go to school, or behave when they actually show up.

You must change the culture.

In a country based on capitalism more financial resources is always going to be a critical piece to fixing any problem.
                      Says you, and Democrats.

More money is not the solution. We already spend more per student than the rest of the world, and yet our kids' test scores sure aren't anywhere near #1.

How is spending more and more on top of that going to help, when it's already not working??

Comment

Working...
                      X