No announcement yet.

This Is How Republicans Suppress Voter Turn Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Jim, republicans that craft the laws have said otherwise. you are ignoring what they've said about these laws and instead crafting you own version so you don't have to admit the real intention.

It isn't the current situation because I am talking about voting and the republicans that crafted voter ID laws are reacting to the lines of people that voted for Obama in 2008.

I have provided numerous articles that show how the laws make it more difficult for certain groups to obtain ID. If you don't accept this as fact, I can't make you.

I posted articles indicating the reasons the Supreme Court has struck down these laws, you ignore them.

You will ignore any information that shows the bias of voter ID laws. You just don't want to admit there is an issue here.
    Show me what the Republicans said, provide a link so I can examine it myself.

As for your other articles written by leftist propagandists about the difficulty of obtaining ID, well those are complete bull****, excusing the laziness of people. These same poor people have no problem obtaining an ID to cash a welfare check, but when it comes to voting its a problem?

You keep saying I ignore information, which is ironic since you ignore how stupid it sounds when you say its difficult to obtain an ID, its not. You ignore the fact that majority of poor people are white, yet the laws which are the same for them as anyone else somehow do not prevent them when it comes to ID's. You ignored the fact that poor people don't have a problem showing ID for welfare or when they need to cash their check. You ignore the fact that these same poor working people who the key word is "work" needed an ID to obtain that job in the first place, unless they're under the table.

You're the one ignoring and then deflecting.

Comment

To compare this to pork barrel spending, entitlement spending, or other forms of wasted spending is ridiculous.
      Strawman #3 , and this just in the span of a few hours.

Please, knock this off. It's getting old fast.

The fact is we are broke. You don't keep trotting out new freebie programs when you're broke.

If the issue is protecting the integrity of the voting process, the gov't is the only entity that can do that effectively given the information required to do this. If there is no birth record for you in any US state, you can't vote. If there is no official record of you becoming a US citizen, you can't vote.
      It's not about who can do it, it's about who has to pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post

As for your other articles written by leftist propagandists about the difficulty of obtaining ID, well those are complete bull****, excusing the laziness of people. These same poor people have no problem obtaining an ID to cash a welfare check, but when it comes to voting its a problem?
        He won't address that one.

I've asked several times for him to do just that, and he's refused.

Gee, I wonder why.....

You keep saying I ignore information, which is ironic since you ignore how stupid it sounds when you say its difficult to obtain an ID, its not. You ignore the fact that majority of poor people are white, yet the laws which are the same for them as anyone else somehow do not prevent them when it comes to ID's. You ignored the fact that poor people don't have a problem showing ID for welfare or when they need to cash their check. You ignore the fact that these same poor working people who the key word is "work" needed an ID to obtain that job in the first place, unless they're under the table.

Superfans are known for glaring double standards.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
          https://www.brennancenter.org/analys...r-registration

1bad always talking about what he doesn't know about.
          I think they know the deal on this subject. They just choose to ignore the facts. I would love to know the real reasons why because it can't just be about winning.

Comment

I think they know the deal on this subject. They just choose to ignore the facts. I would love to know the real reasons why because it can't just be about winning.
            It's about only eligible voters voting.

It's not about winning. Well, it is for the side who wants folks to be able to vote without ID.

Comment

How do you check if someone is eligible to buy a firearm? ID

How do you check if someone is eligible to vote......

Comment

Posted in this thread and the other time we discussed it.

The Supreme Court has said yes, the way the laws have been crafted create problems and they are striking them down across the country. You don't even know the different processes in all the states yet you somehow know they are easy to obtain.

I ignored nothing you posted. In fact, i responded to everything you posted. To post I am deflecting makes you look disingenuous. All you have left is to take my points about you and try and flip them. Sad.

You are downplaying the difficulty and the barriers to obtaining a voter ID because it fits your argument. You haven't posted 1 link in support of what you said. Welfare isn't voting.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                  He won't address that one.

I've asked several times for him to do just that, and he's refused.

Gee, I wonder why.....

Superfans are known for glaring double standards.
                  what does a welfare ID have to do with voting? Just because poor people get an ID to get welfare has no bearing on if they should have to get one for voting. Voting isn't a gov't service or program.

http://www.myreporter.com/2013/09/is...g-food-stamps/

this article says there are other ways besides phot id to get welfare. I don't know is this correct?

Comment

It's about only eligible voters voting.

It's not about winning. Well, it is for the side who wants folks to be able to vote without ID.
                    I offered a way to make that happen. Siablo posted a way to make that happen.

You nor jim said how you felt about these.

How do you check if someone is eligible to buy a firearm? ID

How do you check if someone is eligible to vote......
                    The National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) is a United States system for determining if prospective firearms or explosives buyers' name and birth year match those of a person who is not eligible to buy.

So the gov't handles the background check. same as i am suggesting the gov't handle voter ID.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      what does a welfare ID have to do with voting? Just because poor people get an ID to get welfare has no bearing on if they should have to get one for voting. Voting isn't a gov't service or program
                      Because the ID you need to cash welfare checks is a valid ID for voting.

Hello!

Dunn, you're really having an off day today.

Comment

Working...
                      X