Collapse
No announcement yet.

***The Official 2018-2019 nba thread***

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PG13 showed more heart and loyalty to OKC than DuRat did. That is pretty ironic to me.
    I bet if they could have done it over they would have kept Harden and shipped KD out to Houston instead.
    But from watching OKC last year before Robertson went down they were looking pretty good on defense. The weakness in the team though is Carmelo he pretty much screwed then by opting in.
    He’s plays no defense and now his offense is slipping.
    Maybe they can buy him out. Or trade him because Carmelo has become a cancer to any team he goes to. He just doesn’t put in the work to be great.

Comment

• Looking at the current moves a good chance Lebron goes to Philadelphia and Kawai gets traded there too.
      A super team that would destroy the Warriors for sure.
      Embiid
      Simmons
      James
      Leonard
      ???PG

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
        PG13 showed more heart and loyalty to OKC than DuRat did. That is pretty ironic to me.
        I bet if they could have done it over they would have kept Harden and shipped KD out to Houston instead.
        But from watching OKC last year before Robertson went down they were looking pretty good on defense. The weakness in the team though is Carmelo he pretty much screwed then by opting in.
        He’s plays no defense and now his offense is slipping.
        Maybe they can buy him out. Or trade him because Carmelo has become a cancer to any team he goes to. He just doesn’t put in the work to be great.
        Will gives a ****.

Loyalty.

He's stuck with that inefficient brick thrower for 4 years.

In OKLAHOMA lmao.

Comment

Looking at the current moves a good chance Lebron goes to Philadelphia and Kawai gets traded there too.
          A super team that would destroy the Warriors for sure.
          Embiid
          Simmons
          James
          Leonard
          ???PG
          Simmons and LeBron.

Who's going to stand in the corner and shoot 3s.

Ben?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            Simmons and LeBron.

Who's going to stand in the corner and shoot 3s.

Ben?
            You can always tell the people who just started watching basketball.

Before the last couple of years players didn’t launch a lot of threes.

They played defense and went to the cup.

With that team they would be able to match up on both sides of the ball with GS.

Depends who they get to play PG though.

Better question is how is Draymond going to guard Embiid, Simmons, LBJ, And Kawai?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              Will gives a ****.

Loyalty.

He's stuck with that inefficient brick thrower for 4 years.

In OKLAHOMA lmao.
              Westbrook a brick thrower?
              He’s not exactly a three point marksman but that is dumb.
              He shot 45 percent from the field last year.
              While averaging 10 rebs and 10 assists.
              I think he could average 15 assist if he put his mind to it.
              If I was his coach I would tell him to shoot for 20 assist per game because he can score when he wants.

Comment

Westbrook a brick thrower?
                He’s not exactly a three point marksman but that is dumb.
                He shot 45 percent from the field last year.
                While averaging 10 rebs and 10 assists.
                I think he could average 15 assist if he put his mind to it.
                If I was his coach I would tell him to shoot for 20 assist per game because he can score when he wants.
                He's a low IQ player and we both know it.

Physical freak? Sure. Inefficient? Yes.

He goes cold in the most critical moments.

Comment

You can always tell the people who just started watching basketball.

Before the last couple of years players didn’t launch a lot of threes.

They played defense and went to the cup.

With that team they would be able to match up on both sides of the ball with GS.

Depends who they get to play PG though.

Better question is how is Draymond going to guard Embiid, Simmons, LBJ, And Kawai?

"Before the last couple years" modern basketball, the game has changed. You need to accept it

The only player I will be worried about is Kawahi.

It's going to be the 2018-2019 season.

Play with finesse, don't need to elbow you in the face and go to the rim.

Don't worry about Dray, you need to worry about KD cooking Bron again.

Bron is going to decline, he already doesn't play D

Comment

• Loyalty in sports, typically basketball died out from the POV of players during the late 90's and really was put to bed maybe like 8 years ago.

Patrick Ewing gave everything he had to the Knicks, they got rid of him. KG gave Minnesota all of his best years as a player. So did Paul, Ainge flung him out to Brooklyn soon as he got the chance. Allen gave Philly everything, was a chaotic player but still.

Dirk lost out on 78 million, he might be the only exception, but even with Dallas, had the option to keep Steve Nash and let him walk for Jason Terry.

KD had the chance to stay in a position to constantly lose steam under The OKC Thunder mantra. They didn't have what it took to win. Westbrook v Steph Damian for example. One plays great and is great, one plays great at times and is good, the other plays great and is bad. Game 3 of the finals, you can see KD wanted to give Steph the opportunity to win finals MVP but refused to let the game slip and let Cleveland win. Its hard to give KD credit for going to GS, but he did the best thing for him because GS was not gonna beat Cleveland after losing 3-1

Comment

• Plus to chime in, Westbrook has been aptly named Westbrick over the past few years.

Again some players do things better than others.

Chris is the best all around PG, Westbrook the most athletic, Damian the best streak shooting PG, Stephen the best shooting PG, Kyrie the best 1 on 1 pg, Kemba might be the most underrated, Mike Conley is probably the best bare minimum PG.

However some do things that the others cant, Russell only plays one way.

Comment

Working...
                      X